Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pete smith:
Afternoon Dave,
I hope Liz and yourself are well and behaving?
This lockdown is becoming a pain as that Whippersnapper is becoming unruly, you want to see the filthy pics he has put on my FB page, he knows I don’t like Merc trucks!
Take Care and stay safe

You’re lucky Pierre, we have to see him, face to face, on WhatsApp …yuk… :open_mouth:

Keep safe mate, love to Nicki

Dave

Fergie47:

pete smith:
Afternoon Dave,
This lockdown is becoming a pain as that Whippersnapper is becoming unruly, you want to see the filthy pics he has put on my FB page, he knows I don’t like Merc trucks!
Take Care and stay safe

You’re lucky Pierre, we have to see him, face to face, on WhatsApp …yuk… :open_mouth:

Dave

Nicky is on whatsapp so I will get her to find Madam Fergie to see if we can have a chat, all that technology is lost on me.
Whips is refusing any UK loads now he has changed companies, only due to the fact that he owes me for a cup of coffee the lad is tighter than a Camels arse in a sandstorm!

Bernard 19TDA with Charbonneaux ‘telévision’ cab.

pete smith:

Fergie47:

pete smith:
Afternoon Dave,
Take Care and stay safe

Dave

Nicky is on whatsapp so I will get her to find Madam Fergie to see if we can have a chat, all that technology is lost on me.
Whips is refusing any UK loads now he has changed companies, only due to the fact that he owes me for a cup of coffee the lad is tighter than a Camels arse in a sandstorm!

You’ve got such a poetic way of decribing things Pete… :laughing: :laughing:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Fergie47:
Saviems today

Any of those firms still in business Senior?

Whips…only one I really know was V.I.T. and they are definitely long gone, our friend Swiss Dave knows the history well, as one of his friends has rebuilt a Saviem similar to that photo.

The rest of them…not sure, but the way things have gone in this industry I doubt few have survived, sadly …

Pity, but it’s the same in other countries too I reckon…

michel:

Is that a Straumann from Colmar unit Michel?

Yes, they were faithfull Bernard customer. There an old one with Geneve cab.

pv83:

michel:

Is that a Straumann from Colmar unit Michel?

Still my favorite French lorry…haven’t seen one since the 70’s, but hope one day to see one at a rally somewhere, I think Michel said that there was one down near Nantes that’s been restored ? certainly like to see that.

Mixed bunch…

Mixed Bonnets…

Nice old pic…Bernard with possible a 105 hp 6LX Gardner…

bernard ca6lw 105cv.png

Fergie47:
Mixed Bonnets…

Interesting pictures, as usual! The first one is a Bernard fitted with an air-cooled 12-litre 200 bhp Alsthom V8 engine. A total disaster!

Fergie47:

This picture is a screen-shot from the film “des gens sans importance” (1955), and the truck is indeed a Bernard CA 6 LW. Fitted with a 105 hp 6 LW engine produced by Bernard under licence. The film is worth been seen, just for the many trucks which can be seen.

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Mixed Bonnets…

Interesting pictures, as usual! The first one is a Bernard fitted with an air-cooled 12-litre 200 bhp Alsthom V8 engine. A total disaster!

I have never heard of this engine and had a look on Google. I found nothing. Do you have any details please? I equate Alsthom with electricity rather than diesels.

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

This picture is a screen-shot from the film “des gens sans importance” (1955), and the truck is indeed a Bernard CA 6 LW. Fitted with a 105 hp 6 LW engine produced by Bernard under licence. The film is worth been seen, just for the many trucks which can be seen.

I had not heard of it but see it has big names (in French cinema) both in the acting and production. I will view it later today. Thanks for the info.

Froggy55:

Fergie47:

Cheers Paul, hope you’re well and keeping safe…

looked for the film on utube but its only in minute sections, not the full film…anywhere else I can get it do you know? it looks a great film for
that era of transport

Dave

This Bernard TDA 211 with Mack engine and gearbox is in west of France.

michel:

Very nice Michel…is there one in Bretagne ?

Fergie47:

michel:

Very nice Michel…is there one in Bretagne ?

Hi Dave/Michel,
The French connection with Mack was well and truly alive years before the Renault link up with them, would this have pre-dated the Dutch connection?
Cheer’s Pete

Dipster:

Froggy55:

Fergie47:
Mixed Bonnets…

I have never heard of this engine and had a look on Google. I found nothing. Do you have any details please? I equate Alsthom with electricity rather than diesels.

The best I can do is scan some pages of a sspecial issue of Charge-Utile magazine on that truck and mail them to you. I would need an e-mail and, of course, it’ll be in French! Otherwise, I can gather some specifications or even put the article on the thread.
Cheers
Paul