Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

ERF-NGC-European:

robthedog:
Done
I drove one of them from Southampton to Copenhagen and re loaded Sweden many moons ago what an awful gutless noisy heap of crap that was only consolation was, it was a sleeper cab.

When I drove for Harrier Express we had one as a puddle-jumper. It had been the boss’s original O/D vehicle. It only did 50 mph but it was indestructible. I did some long-distance UK work in it between artic work and rather liked the old girl. It was sold on as an export vehicle and ended up on a Greek island still working for it’s living I understand. It had a 130 lump and a manual 5-sp box. It was on a W-plate. Here’s a pic:

Now you come to mention it the bloody heap only done 50mph as well

Berliet TLM 15 R Perret (1).jpgBack to French classics with this magnificently restored Berliet TLM 15 R (c. 1957).

Froggy55:
Back to French classics with this magnificently restored Berliet TLM 15 R (c. 1957).

Those big Berliets look like they could pull a house down, even when stood still…

Here’s some more bonneted wagons, although not as big and powerful as that red beast

More Bonnets, this time down the graveyard

A complete mix of oldies, no theme to this lot, a few interesting ones though

Another mix, this time in black and white

Last one today, rains stopped,sun’s out, back to work…

Old nostalgic pic

Fergie47:
More Bonnets, this time down the graveyard

What’s the indoor graveyard with the fancy architecture?

I’d say some abandoned food processing factory. Thanks, Dave, for the interesting mix of French trucks, even if my prefered one is the Fiat 634 N.

Later bought by Berliet , the Rochet-Schneider factory was also in Lyon.

Rochet-Schneider was also a car manufacturer. My grand-father had one very similar to this one (c. 1922), bought second hand in 1929. As Rochet supplied only the chassis, up to the customer to have the body made by a coachbuilder, their cars were all unique.

Froggy55:
Rochet-Schneider was also a car manufacturer. My grand-father had one very similar to this one (c. 1922), bought second hand in 1929. As Rochet supplied only the chassis, up to the customer to have the body made by a coachbuilder, their cars were all unique.

I saw one last year on the HvH-Harwich ferry.

Nice batch of oldies Senior, merci :wink:

Some of you might recognise the Dutch Wagenborg Scania, was at “Locomotion” last year or the year before that.

And it wouldn’t surprise me if that Iveco pulling the Vestas generator is still being used for when the going gets tough…

pv83:
Nice batch of oldies Senior, merci :wink:

Some of you might recognise the Dutch Wagenborg Scania, was at “Locomotion” last year or the year before …

Think that is the son’s Scania, the father has the Volvo bonneted 88 with the twin axle trailer converted to luxury living accommodation …
The old Iveco, I wonder what the all up weight is with that outfit.over 100 I’d guess ?

Found this morning on a French forum, this 1932 White fitted with a sleeper cab. Its headlamps seem to be glowing, thus meaning that it has just been brought back to life.

A few adverts from Belgium.

belg volvo 60.jpg

The first says that all the Volvo range was available with petrol engines. Was it really the case concerning the heavy Titan 495?

Foden 6x2 hollandais A 37418.jpgI was told this smart and roomy Dutch cab is fitted on a Foden chassis. Does anyone confirm? Thanks!

Froggy55:
I was told this smart and roomy Dutch cab is fitted on a Foden chassis. Does anyone confirm? Thanks!

Its possible “Froggy55” as in Portugal some Foden chassis were sold as Podens with a locally manufactured cab. Will see if i have anything on the Dutch one. :wink:

Never heard about these Poden trucks before! Interesting!