Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Perhaps some based in Volvo Viking lorries ?

On the Norway-chassis, all were Volvo and indeed based on the Viking.

Certainly on a local occassion there were cab-, coach, and body-builders
throughout the country depending on specific needs. Quite often only a
serie from about 4-5 chassis were cabbed or bodied.

Norway is a small and sparsely populated country, and I doubt there were many bodybuilders there! Couldn’t the cabs be Swedish?

I’ve seen a cab like the Shell tanker’s before. Is it a BeGe?

Definitely looks like a Ford Thames Trader. Did Ebro used a Thames licence to produce them?
forum-auto.caradisiac.com/automo … 61-700.htm

A company I would liked to have driven for…always smart looking motors, and a big Foden user too.

6277777803_5966036857.jpg

2761104556_small_1.jpg

A couple more

Fergie47:
A company I would liked to have driven for…always smart looking motors, and a big Foden user too.

Smart looking fleet indeed Senior, and some proper kit on the “heavies”. The Fodens and Kenworths are all gone though, they seem to have switched to a predominately Iveco fleet…

pv83:

Fergie47:

Smart looking fleet indeed Senior, and some proper kit on the “heavies”. The Fodens and Kenworths are all gone though, they seem to have switched to a predominately Iveco fleet…

I can remember going in to the P.D.I area at Sandbach Engineering, as it was called in the latter days, and they had some Frederici units in there and the exhaust pipe had to be exactly in line with the outside edge of the drive axle tyre as Mr Frederici reckoned it created a vacuum and gave better fuel econonmy. I had a lift back to Cannock in their Mickey Mouse 2 stroke Foden breakdown truck, still got the headache now!

In the sixties, seventies and eighties, Friderici used many Henschel and then Hanomag-Henschel trucks. Here are 3 pictures of n°62, initially a 6x4, converted into a 8x4 and that could be used either as a rigid/dragger, or heavy-haulage tractor.

3147594412_1_4_jVGheZzr.jpg

And a more standard 6x2/4 or 6x4/4 fitted with the old cab.

Froggy55:
In the sixties, seventies and eighties, Friderici used many Henschel and then Hanomag-Henschel trucks. Here are 3 pictures of n°62, initially a 6x4, converted into a 8x4 and that could be used either as a rigid/dragger, or heavy-haulage tractor.

That’s what you call versatility…bet the old girl paid for herself a few times over in her working life…

Interesting old pic…10 cars, or in this case vans, in the '60’s

pete smith:

pv83:

Fergie47:

I can remember going in to the P.D.I area at Sandbach Engineering, as it was called in the latter days, and they had some Frederici units in there and the exhaust pipe had to be exactly in line with the outside edge of the drive axle tyre as Mr Frederici reckoned it created a vacuum and gave better fuel econonmy. I had a lift back to Cannock in their Mickey Mouse 2 stroke Foden breakdown truck, still got the headache now!

I wonder if that really made a difference… weren’t those Fodens CAT powered? :wink:

Fergie47:

Froggy55:

That’s what you call versatility…bet the old girl paid for herself a few times over in her working life…

Clever person who came up with that, looks best as a heavy haulage tractor unit though IMHO…

pv83:

pete smith:

pv83:

Fergie47:

I wonder if that really made a difference… weren’t those Fodens CAT powered? :wink:

Yes indeed! According to Trucking International, they took 26 of those Fodens, all powered by 14.6 litre CAT 3406B ATAAC engines (about 425 bhp) with Fuller RTO 15613A gearboxes. Ro

2761103812_small_1.jpg

Thanks for the most interesting article, though it dates back to 1992. Friderici always had interesting trucks. The Swiss road law at least has one good point: truck drivers must sleep during the night! I used to go there some 15 years ago, and truck traffic was forbidden between 22.00 and 6.00.

Nice to see Frederici still keeping their original colour scheme. Always liked the Fench STG wagons with their distinctive yellow/orange chassis and green and yellow signage, they’re still going, but have succumbed to the ubiquitous standard black chassis, white cab with just the fleet number in green, the trailers still have STG, but not as distinctive as they use to be …years ago you could identify companies from a distance just by their colour schemes, I guess it’s a sign of the times and that it is just to costly.

Well-known Dutch co. Ro