Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Froggy55:
The Bernard is back after a repair at Photoshop garage.

Fantastic Froggy55.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland,the Saviem is still a S 8T with 6-354 Perkins engine, it had still a non-tilt cab which appeared when the headlamps where rectangular and the Perkins was replaced by the 797 Saviem with Man injection.

michel:
jsutherland,the Saviem is still a S 8T with 6-354 Perkins engine, it had still a non-tilt cab which appeared when the headlamps where rectangular and the Perkins was replaced by the 797 Saviem with Man injection.

Thanks Michel.

Who knows more about this? Going by what the gents are wearing on their heads, I presume it’s near Russia…?

This might be of interest to Anorak :wink:

44180437_1092429904259071_443400792867602432_n.jpg

BMC.jpg

pv83:
Who knows more about this? Going by what the gents are wearing on their heads, I presume it’s near Russia…?

They look like WW I trucks, but I presume that if it had been in Russia, there would be snow? Maybe a kind of test rallye for advertising purpose? Michel should know more…

Froggy55:

pv83:

They look like WW I trucks, but I presume that if it had been in Russia, there would be snow? Maybe a kind of test rallye for advertising purpose? Michel should know more…

It does not always snow in Russia. I worked in Moscow for 3 years and saw winters at -35 C and summers at +35 C! But the blokes standing nearby certainly look Russian and are wearing topcoats, so it is winter. Could be very cold too as even at - temps they often only wear a thick vest and the topcoat! They are hardy people.

Froggy55:
You’re right, or almost right; it is a Saviem SM 8 T probably powered by a 110 bhp Saviem 797 engine (6 cyl; 5,4 litres). Certainly anything but exciting to drive!

First comes the 597 :wink:

Somebody here ? :wink:

Philippe:
Somebody here ? :wink:

Not anymore Philippe, but the heart’s still orange :wink:
Cheers for posting them.

Patrick

Sorry, just forget saying " eastern France". 1st going North and second South ! ( No the same day :laughing: )

Just found this on a French forum. Looks registered in Austria, but which make? Logo looks like Steyr.
forum-auto.caradisiac.com/automo … 1-5740.htm

Froggy55:
0Just found this on a French forum. Looks registered in Austria, but which make? Logo looks like Steyr.
forum-auto.caradisiac.com/automo … 1-5740.htm

Hey, This is a numberplate just after war, as Germany was occupied by the US, GB and so on… It looks like it is A B Means American occupied area Bavaria.

Eric,

Thanks Eric! These buses/coaches look brand new: maybe a motor show?

youtu.be/IF1XR-GtH2Q
Gleaming trucks like the German love them!

Berliet.

Click on pages twice.

I visited the place 20 years ago, but it looks there are quite a few new residents.

DEANB:
Berliet.
Click on pages twice.

Thanks Dean. I did some searching and discovered the following just in case anyone is interested in visiting the exhibition.

The Marius Berliet Fondation exhibition is in Montellier. The address is: Dépôt de la Fondation Berliet, Les Arguiers, 01800 Le Montellier, France. Located approxinately 40 km north east of Lyon.

The Berliet Foundation itself is in Lyon: 39 Avenue Esquirol, 69003 Lyon, France

The exhibition’s website: Le conservatoire - Fondation Berliet
The Foundation Berliet web site: https://www.fondationberliet.org/

A Miesse bus. No more information about it.

It’s been a while since I’ve posted some pic’s from my journeys, was meant to do it much earlier, but there was always something up or so it seemed.

Going to start with some photo’s I took when I was stranded in Toulouse for the weekend earlier this year, must have been in May I believe…

20180505_160839.jpg

20180505_160824.jpg

20180505_160747.jpg

20180507_231248.jpg

20180505_155536.jpg