Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

pv83:

pete smith:

Fergie47:
You know Whippersnapper, for someone whos gonna be close to me in a few weeks, you ain’t half pushing your luck…and this time I’ve got back up, so watch it… :unamused: :unamused:

Hi Dave,
Yes you will have 20 stone of back up, I have all the supplies in stock and I have 3 rolls of duct tape and a bag of cable ties to restrain Whips if he plays up, also I have borrowed a bilge pump in case the guttering around his bed gets blocked, Anon 1

Is it just me who’s gonna bring flowers to impress the ladies…? Might even put in a few cans of Guinness for you Pete… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No, I will bring you some flowers… at least they will drink more than you!

pv83:
How’s that for a 1950’s line up…
untitled.JPG

Our friend off the LV thread might be interested in this. I can’t identify it off the top of my head.

Froggy55:
Can’t read the make, but could be an early Volvo or some Dutch builder.

It says Steyr in the caption. This one has the maker’s name on the front:

Thanks! Some Japanese trucks, like Hino, had the same look in the 1960s.

Two years since Saviem’s passing, his input is sadly missed. I’m sure he would like the way the thread has developed. R.I.P. John.

kevmac47:
Two years since Saviem’s passing, his input is sadly missed. I’m sure he would like the way the thread has developed. R.I.P. John.

Morning Kev,
Very sorely missed mate,a razor sharp memory and a great style of posting, can you remember when someone on here threatened John with legal action? that always brings a smile to my face! R.I.P John

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Morning Kev,
Very sorely missed mate,a razor sharp memory and a great style of posting, can you remember when someone on here threatened John with legal action? that always brings a smile to my face! R.I.P John

I don’t remember that, Pete. Please provide a link to it.

+1 to the sentiments expressed above- having someone who was quite a big cog in the machine to provide facts and humour was an asset to these discussions. RIP.

[zb]
anorak:

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Morning Kev,

+1 to the sentiments expressed above- having someone who was quite a big cog in the machine to provide facts and humour was an asset to these discussions. RIP.

Hi Eric,
I will have to have a look when I get home this evening, too many eyes in the office at the minute, Cheer’s Pete

[zb]
anorak:

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Morning Kev,

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=100657,
Found it Eric! Try that link and halfway down page 3 there is another link by Simon the Moderator, you have commented on this thread!

pete smith:

[zb]
anorak:

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Morning Kev,

Found it Eric! Try that link and halfway down page 3 there is another link by Simon the Moderator, you have commented on this thread!

Thanks Pete. I’m not Eric, by the way! :laughing:
Edit- I’d forgotten about that business. Just another nutcase. The old lorry fraternity seems to harbour more than its fair share of those.
Edit2- I’ve just read through it again, and would like to retract the word “nutcase” :laughing: , for fear of litigation.

Two years have flown by. Certainly missed here. RIP John.

pete smith:

[zb]
anorak:

pete smith:

kevmac47:

Morning Kev,

Apologies Anorak, I’m having a bad day… not just on here mate!

This Corbitt could certainly and very easily win the first pize in an ugliness competition! I’m just wondering if it could have a flat foor?

Froggy55:
This Corbitt could certainly and very easily win the first pize in an ugliness competition! I’m just wondering if it could have a flat foor?

corbitttrucks.com/1951-d603-t-29-aka-tall-boy/
The answer is “Yes”, but not for the purposes of walking across it. It seems that they needed lots of men in the cab, plus their tools, hence the cabinets either side of the engine. Here’s a preserved one I found:

999d594c-8105-46c7-9bf0-78b0.jpg
There’s plenty of information about these, about:
google.com/search?q=corbitt+tall+boy

If you think that’s bizarre, read this and try not to get coffee on your keyboard:
tenfourmagazine.com/2011/05/ … from-1951/

I’m striking gold all day today:

[zb]
anorak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8CoZo0h-Uo

Now that had me laughing my head off. What a wonderful bit of film! :sunglasses: Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Now that had me laughing my head off. What a wonderful bit of film! :sunglasses: Robert

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Excellent!!

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

corbitttrucks.com/1951-d603-t-29-aka-tall-boy/
The answer is “Yes”, but not for the purposes of walking across it. It seems that they needed lots of men in the cab, plus their tools, hence the cabinets either side of the engine. Here’s a preserved one I found:
There’s plenty of information about these, about:
google.com/search?q=corbitt+tall+boy

If you think that’s bizarre, read this and try not to get coffee on your keyboard:
tenfourmagazine.com/2011/05/ … from-1951/

Here’s the Tall Boy on the move:
youtube.com/watch?v=oDliwJObFeg

[zb]
anorak:

I passed my heavy truck licence in 1980 on an exactly similar truck & semi-trailer! Berliet TR 260 with a 8-speed gearbox (double H pattern).