Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
You know Whippersnapper, for someone whos gonna be close to me in a few weeks, you ain’t half pushing your luck…and this time I’ve got back up, so watch it… :unamused: :unamused:

Ooh, I reckon Mrs. Fergie has got my back covered Senior, I’ll treat her like the lady she is, she’s not used to that, now is she :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: erm… I’ll get me coat…? :unamused: :wink:

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:
Pubquiz question… What are they…?

FAP.

All three of 'em Anorak?

19275137_1897509223802680_3693996337875304457_n.jpg

FAP = fabrika automobila Priboj in Yugoslavia.
At the beginning under Saurer Austria license. Later made their own engines, gearboxes and rear axles with the ITV concern a member factory. Here a typical front cab model :

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

pv83:
Pubquiz question… What are they…?

FAP.

All three of 'em Anorak?

Yes. The earlier “round” ones had Saurer cabs:
fap.co.rs/fap/istorija.htm
The square ones are 10B and 15B, introduced in 1965, as far as I can make out:
imcdb.org/v900437.html
Is that an ÖAF following?

The FAP cab looks fairly contemporary for the mid-'60s. Although “Western” firms probably made more advanced products, the 15B appears to have superior driver accommodation to the GB vehicles of the period, with its steel construction, three-abreast seating and a proper sleeper.

In 1975, their vehicles were part-Mercedes. It looks as if they continued with the “Mk1” NG cab until the early 2000s, and very smart it looks too, IMO. Dunno if they are still at it. This shows Euro5-engined vehicles:
fap.co.rs/fap/home%20eng.htm

Froggy55:
0I spotted this McCormick last Monday near Pouilly sur Loire. Looks in perfect condition.

A few Austin and Ford tractors with Fergie system at the Great Dorset Steam Fair last week. Didn’t stop to photograph as it was pi**ing down at the time!

Cheers for the info Michel and Anorak :wink: At first I thought it was a Henschel, bit of a similar cab isn’t it?
Didn’t had a clue about the older models though…

pv83:
Cheers for the info Michel and Anorak :wink: At first I thought it was a Henschel, bit of a similar cab isn’t it?
Didn’t had a clue about the older models though…

The first(?) time they cropped up on here, the same thoughts were expressed. There’s a bit more information around the place now, so our collective knowledge is bigger as a result of these recent posts.

pv83:

I’d say Scania for Pics 3 & 4. No idea for the two first.

Froggy55:

pv83:

I’d say Scania for Pics 3 & 4. No idea for the two first.

All Scania. The first two even have cabs by BeGe, whose factories eventually became part of S-V.

A German truck by an unknown (at least to me) maker; maybe an ex-DDR registration. Will anyone find more?

Froggy55:
0A German truck by an unknown (at least to me) maker; maybe an ex-DDR registration. Will anyone find more?

I think it’s a West German vehicle, by the look of it. There were 4 or 5 prevalent coachbuilders in Germany in the 1950s- Ackermann, Kässbohrer, Wackenhut and at least one other. There is something in TNUK about them, but I can’t remember where! I have a feeling that the builder of the van is the fourth firm- whose name escapes me. This is the place to look:

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … r=0&page=6

There’s indeed a family look. What does TNUK stand for?

Froggy55:
There’s indeed a family look. What does TNUK stand for?

Morning Paul,
Trucknet UK,

Fergie47:
You know Whippersnapper, for someone whos gonna be close to me in a few weeks, you ain’t half pushing your luck…and this time I’ve got back up, so watch it… :unamused: :unamused:

Hi Dave,
Yes you will have 20 stone of back up, I have all the supplies in stock and I have 3 rolls of duct tape and a bag of cable ties to restrain Whips if he plays up, also I have borrowed a bilge pump in case the guttering around his bed gets blocked, Anon 1

pete smith:

Fergie47:

Hi Dave,
Yes you will have 20 stone of back up, I have all the supplies in stock and I have 3 rolls of duct tape and a bag of cable ties to restrain Whips if he plays up, also I have borrowed a bilge pump in case the guttering around his bed gets blocked, Anon 1

Is it just me who’s gonna bring flowers to impress the ladies…? Might even put in a few cans of Guinness for you Pete… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:
0A German truck by an unknown (at least to me) maker; maybe an ex-DDR registration. Will anyone find more?

I think it’s a West German vehicle, by the look of it. There were 4 or 5 prevalent coachbuilders in Germany in the 1950s- Ackermann, Kässbohrer, Wackenhut and at least one other. There is something in TNUK about them, but I can’t remember where! I have a feeling that the builder of the van is the fourth firm- whose name escapes me. This is the place to look:

baumaschinenbilder.de/forum/ … r=0&page=6

Looks a bit like a MAN or Bussing doesn’t it? Cheers for the link Anorak, very interesting, although we need Herr Sutherland’s translating capabilities on some of it :wink:

How’s that for a 1950’s line up…

Steyer C2-weg 1971_edited.jpg

Can’t read the make, but could be an early Volvo or some Dutch builder.