Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Froggy55:
I’d say it’s a Saurer. See Yvon’s website here for more tasty pictures:
yvon59.fr/photos2/yvon59/nos … /index.htm

Froggy, great find… really interesting too, he certainly loved his old dad, wonder if any of his kids became drivers…thanks for posting…

rigsby:

Froggy55:

The pic of the lorry with all the ladies and children , barrels on the lorry reminds me of my bosses in the 60s . They certainly got every last mile out of the tires . My French is very patchy , I would love to read the text on the photos properly , teacher should have taught me when I was listening ! Dave

You should have payed attention at school Rigsby…instead of playing around pinging those mucky girls bras behind the caretakers shed… :unamused:

Fergie47:

rigsby:

Froggy55:

The pic of the lorry with all the ladies and children , barrels on the lorry reminds me of my bosses in the 60s . They certainly got every last mile out of the tires . My French is very patchy , I would love to read the text on the photos properly , teacher should have taught me when I was listening ! Dave

You should have payed attention at school Rigsby…instead of playing around pinging those mucky girls bras behind the caretakers shed… :unamused:

Rigsby,
Me and thee must have been the best bra pingers out as my French is abysmal as Dave has witnessed first hand!

pete smith:

Fergie47:

rigsby:

Froggy55:

Rigsby,
Me and thee must have been the best bra pingers out as my French is abysmal as Dave has witnessed first hand!

Don’t put yerself down Pierre…your French sign language was pretty good for a first timer…It can only improve… :unamused:

michel:
ALM with Panhard engine and like a Citroen cab built by “Carrosserie de Levallois”…

Michel…what year was this ?..also, was this for the military and for the Africa market…?

Built specially for oil drilling in French Sahara in the 1950s. Cab is indeed a Carrosserie de Levallois; well seen!

Afternoon Mr Fergie,
I have stopped smoking mate so that is one “sign” i have not got to make, the only other French I can remember is large beer and complete crepe, the last phrase just like my French as well as my driving!! Cheer’s Pete

Wine tankers…

How it use to done, …Beziers…South of France

Fergie47:
How it used to be done, …Beziers…South of France

Early 1900’s…?

pete smith:
Afternoon Mr Fergie,
I have stopped smoking mate so that is one “sign” i have not got to make, the only other French I can remember is large beer and complete crepe, the last phrase just like my French as well as my driving!! Cheer’s Pete

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have to catch me breath now… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Right, I’ll get me coat… :blush:

Fergie47:
Some D.A.F’s…

Nice batch of some proper wagons there Senior, cheers! :wink:

Froggy55:
Built specially for oil drilling in French Sahara in the 1950s. Cab is indeed a Carrosserie de Levallois; well seen!

Fergie47:

michel:
ALM with Panhard engine and like a Citroen cab built by “Carrosserie de Levallois”…

Michel…what year was this ?..also, was this for the military and for the Africa market…?

Very interesting indeed!

A bunch of Willemes in Strasbourg. The two on the right are (post-WW II) L10; the narrow cab bonneted one must be pre-WW II; no idea concerning the one on the far left.

David Miller:
Good pictures Patrick.

The 4th one down of the first lot is Genova unless my poor old eyes deceive me.

David

Nowt wrong with your eyes mate, Genova it is indeed! :wink:

Boats…never designed to go on a trailer, they really don’t like it …to add to the drivers woes, no Autoroutes either, if you get one 1000+ kms without a scratch, you’re good…

tn_collection_cristo_68_straumann__s39_2009_155.jpg.png

Fergie47:
Boats…never designed to go on a trailer, they really don’t like it …to add to the drivers woes, not Autoroutes either, if you get one 1000+ kms without a scratch, you’re good…

Is that the reason why I’ve never had any boats or yachts on the trailer then Senior…? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Last pic is a stunner mate, cheers!

Came across this one, haven’t got any info though…

pv83:

Fergie47:
Boats…never designed to go on a trailer, they really don’t like it …to add to the drivers woes, not Autoroutes either, if you get one 1000+ kms without a scratch, you’re good…

Is that the reason why I’ve never had any boats or yachts on the trailer then Senior…? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Last pic is a stunner mate, cheers!

I wouldn’t trust you with a rowing boat… :smiling_imp:

How about "Sad Pic of the week " at least that poor old F89 is dying in a courtyard in good company with that old Berliet, still, might be a chance of both being rescued.