Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Here’s a French lorry I’d have been happy to drive (350 Roller + 9-sp Fuller - ahem)! Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
Here’s a French lorry I’d have been happy to drive (350 Roller + 9-sp Fuller - ahem)! Robert

:smiley:

Bewick wouldn’t have wanted it. :laughing:

Carryfast:

ERF-NGC-European:

:smiley:

Bewick wouldn’t have wanted it. :laughing:

Well if the damned thing breaks down you could always pull me out of the cack with this! Robert :laughing:

imagesHQ24UOHO.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Hi PV,
It MAY be me on the left but from what I hear it WAS you that got it stuck, manual gearbox you see Johnny, no further explanation needed!
[/quote]
Thanks for the clarification Pete. He’s probably going to hide somewhere in France.
Johnny

[/quote]
Can’t be me behind the wheel Pete, just look at all that hair that bloke has got! I was born without any hair mate… Herr Sutherland on the other hand… :wink:

pete smith:

jsutherland:

pete smith:
Johnny,
PV is probably hiding behind Daves settee cushions again, working on the theory that if he cannot see us we cannot see him!

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Proof Johnny or its his impression of Sponge Bob Square Pants!

Well, better to admit it, I’ve inspired the whole series… says sommat about me life eh…

Maggies…always liked them, spacious cabs, air-cooled beasties…

Old black and white pics of German / Italian wagons.

B/W French lorries…

Dunno what it is, but it’s friggin ugly, looks like a toad.

Bit of fun this pic instead of the old nostalgic photo…My sort of women, welly boots and a shot gun, my sort of car, a 2CV. :unamused:

Fergie47:
Bit of fun this pic instead of the old nostalgic photo…My sort of women, welly boots and a shot gun, my sort of car, a 2CV. :unamused:

Fantastic!

Fergie47:
Maggies…always liked them, spacious cabs, air-cooled beasties…

Spot on mate! They still look “modern” now don’t they…

Met this bloke at a yard where I had to load in Augsburg, Germany few weeks ago, he invited me into the office for a brew, asked if I took sugar, no thanks mate, I’ll take it pure I replied, not me, he said, need to put sugar into just about everything, must be some “souvenir” from my time in Africa… Er…Africa? What did you do up there mate I asked. Just a minute he said, buggered off to next door’s office, and came back with two photo albums.
I worked as a fitter for Maggie Deutz he said and spend three years living in Libya, doing all sorts of stuff for the Maggie organization… later on I worked for Band Aid as well… must be quite a shock coming back to the civilised world then eh… aye, but I need to get out from time to time, and he then showed me his 4x4 Galloper, you can find me with this beauty on every off road track throughout Europe he said… I wanted to tell him about this thread, but I was so chuffed hearing his stories I totally forgotten all about it… Hopefully I’ll be back at his yard some day… :blush:

Fergie47:

Mrs. F is still a stunner mate :wink:

Fergie47:

looks like a van ran into the back of a car… :unamused:

Fergie47:

The logo above the grille bears 5 letters; it could match with Latil, but I’ve never seen this monster before. Most ugly indeed.

My French detectives worked hard and quickly. The Beast is a Samecar Toro, buit by the Italian farming equipment manufacturer SAME.

More here: archiviostorico.sdfgroup.com/en/ … ecar-toro/

Froggy55:
My French detectives worked hard and quickly. The Beast is a Samecar Toro, buit by the Italian farming equipment manufacturer SAME.

More here: archiviostorico.sdfgroup.com/en/ … ecar-toro/

Cheers for the info Paul, always reckoned the Italians only did build beautiful stuff… not always then it seems…

To make up for that hidious toad machine thingie… I’ve stumbled upon the following… pic courtesy of Buzzybeeforum…