Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Nostalgic French pic for the week…

Notice on this posting by Deanb of a fine Saviem…

image.jpg
The chock under the wheel. This is because the handbrake was absolutely useless! You pulled it up like an old ratchet handbrake, but from the front of the dashboard. it hissed at you and stayed erect, but it had no effect on the vehicle!

John.

Fergie47:
A mix of heavies…

Cheers for posting those Fergie!

Now about those last two pic’s, those double drive AE’s or Magnum’s, never saw much of those being used on heavy work…wonder why that was? Weren’t they considered as tough as the older models or other makes?

Scenes from Northern France…

20170329_153608.jpg

20170329_133134.jpg

pv83:

Nice pic’s there Patrick…just what this thread needs, John would have appreciated them…how I wish there were digital cameras around in the earlier days instead of messing around with film and development… :unamused:

and auto gearboxes… :smiling_imp: :imp:

:wink:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Nice pic’s there Patrick…just what this thread needs, John would have appreciated them…how I wish there were digital cameras around in the earlier days instead of messing around with film and development… :unamused:

Don’t start on those auto 'boxes mate… whoever came up with that should be hanged…or shot… :unamused: :unamused:

michel:
Transport Vassel in Lyon had a Krupp 6x4 in their fleet.

Nice one Michel! Still think it’s ■■■■■■■ ugly though… :wink:

jan 8.JPG

Another bit of history then, this time about Stoof, just as Van Twist, one the first firms that “invented” heavy haulage and merged into the Mammoet group…

1960 rotterdam.jpg

Meanwhile in the Sarens yard…

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Don’t start on those auto 'boxes mate… whoever came up with that should be hanged…or shot… :unamused: :unamused:

Hahaha well thats what i always thought to but then i got my FH 750 ishift. Cant fault it,spec for 250ton and with the last update softwere its briljant. So there come on now :wink:

Dirty Dan:

pv83:

Fergie47:

pv83:

Hahaha well thats what i always thought to but then i got my FH 750 ishift. Cant fault it,spec for 250ton and with the last update softwere its briljant. So there come on now :wink:

Nah, you just can’t beat a proper manual 'box mate! :laughing:

It looks yesterday inspired you more than ever to dig in your archives, mates! Fantastic batches of pictures from France and NL!

Froggy55:
It looks yesterday inspired you more than ever to dig in your archives, mates! Fantastic batches of pictures from France and NL!

:blush: :blush:

Found these today… :sunglasses:

Back on the Citroen theme for a bit…GS pick-up…? :unamused: :unamused:

Fergie47:
Nostalgic French pic for the week…

Just a guess…Daimler-chassis?

pv83:
Back on the Citroen theme for a bit…GS pick-up…? :unamused: :unamused:

My first car, back in 1978, was a Citroën GS. A brilliant engine (“Boxer” type 1015 cc flat-four), but rather greedy. I had never heard that a pick-up had been built on a GS chassis!