Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Interesting pictures, with 2 models seen with the same angle. TLM 10 M3 (left) replaced TLM 10 M2 c. 1963. The chassis and mechanics (180 bhp 9.5 litre engine) are absolutely similar, just the cab cell is different. The “Relaxe” cab was introduced in its forward version in 1959 (GAK and GPRK), and adapted to the bonneted models in 1963.

Froggy55:
Interesting pictures, with 2 models seen with the same angle. TLM 10 M3 (left) replaced TLM 10 M2 c. 1963. The chassis and mechanics (180 bhp 9.5 litre engine) are absolutely similar, just the cab cell is different. The “Relaxe” cab was introduced in its forward version in 1959 (GAK and GPRK), and adapted to the bonneted models in 1963.

Good detail! I notice the one on the right appears to be one those cross-channel beer tanker units used by Whitbread. Robert

Odds and sods in black and white.

(Like the last pic, with the old cart and ducks in the farmyard)

343069MAN1dephotoscamions.jpg

Part of the Berliet factory bombed during WW2

A modern picture of one of the few remaining genuine paper and magazine stalls…this one in Paris, but were in all major cities. Normally sited next to a metro or coach stop, with the old peekaboo toilets nearby…a common sight during the late '60’s '70’s…

2d04e6_0bfa5980b4724c15ab679d041aefda07.jpg_srz_1299_866_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz.jpeg

Davidoff:
Berliet TRH350 that - thanks for posting. Love those old French power motors!

Couple of more big Berliets for Dave Junior…

3171514483_1_2_ct77H4DY.jpg

3143254652_1_2_9zCtkTgG.jpg

3127562185_1_2_B5zdgd3U.jpg

3120736515_1_3_QUINawwt.jpg

3025076228_2_3_O5zm6qPR.jpg

Double artic on second picture could be at work on the site of the extension of Nice’s airport; filling part of the Baie des Anges.

robert1952:

pv83:

MaggieD:

pv83:
Who knows more about this then?

Hi Patrick,

It was on the news this morning Donald Trump wants the statue back :unamused:

Regards
Richard

Surely the statue has got a immigrant status now, don’t reckon it’s going to be that easy for the statue to pass that border… :wink:

Let him have it, provided that he gives the Statue of Liberty back to Egypt. That statue (of liberty) was fashioned by the French as the Light of Asia statue that should have stood at the head of the Suez Canal in Port Said. The Egyptians ran out of money to pay for the statue because the Brits were running a protection racket on Egyptian cotton and sending it all cheap to the dark satanic mills in the north of England - well, that’s what I read, anyway. So the French sold it to the bloody Yanks instead. Dammit, you couldn’t make this stuff up! Clearly, Trumpety-trump hasn’t the monopoly of bizarre politics! Robert :laughing:

Eh…? Always thought that the statue was a gift from the French to the yanks…?
Never heard this one before, ta for the history lesson Robert :wink:

Imagine this one in orange livery… :wink:

Right, some proper detective work is needed here lads, I’ve posted this pic on the v.d. Vlist thread before and ■■■■■■■ anorak was wondering what make the lorry on the right was…I, as usual, didn’t had the slightest idea, so I’m hoping you fine gent’s could tell us more about it…

Beek..jpg

pv83:
Right, some proper detective work is needed here lads, I’ve posted this pic on the v.d. Vlist thread before and [zb] anorak was wondering what make the lorry on the right was…I, as usual, didn’t had the slightest idea, so I’m hoping you fine gent’s could tell us more about it…

Looks very Mercedes / Maggie / German doesn’t it…that triple narrow rear window is a good clue, but normally pics are taken from the front or side view, I’ll have a trawl through and see if I can match it…

pv83:

That’s a proper lorry… with a gear stick

Fergie47:

pv83:

That’s a proper lorry… with a gear stick

You’re not insinuating that I can’t drive a proper 'box, now are ya… :wink:

Included is the proof…won’t have none of that auto 'box nonsense…

20170125_152055.jpg

Fergie47:

pv83:
Right, some proper detective work is needed here lads, I’ve posted this pic on the v.d. Vlist thread before and [zb] anorak was wondering what make the lorry on the right was…I, as usual, didn’t had the slightest idea, so I’m hoping you fine gent’s could tell us more about it…

Looks very Mercedes / Maggie / German doesn’t it…that triple narrow rear window is a good clue, but normally pics are taken from the front or side view, I’ll have a trawl through and see if I can match it…

Aye, that’s what came to mind at first, sommat German…still can’t put me finger on it though…
Cheers for the effort mate :wink:

pv83:

Can’t find one the same, those back windows are the clue…found two similar shaped which I’m going to guess would put it in the '60’s era. However, I blew the pic up, and i THINK it’d right hand drive, if it is, perhaps a special order or a Fiat ?

Fergie47:

pv83:

Can’t find one the same, those back windows are the clue…found two similar shaped which I’m going to guess would put it in the '60’s era. However, I blew the pic up, and i THINK it’d right hand drive, if it is, perhaps a special order or a Fiat ?

OM then perchange? That would be rather interesting indeed, the older lads reckon the firm started again after WW2 with the “help” of ex-armed forces vehicles, the ones that came new in the fleet where mainly of DAF make…
Could be that the pictured wagon wasn’t part of the fleet but just popped in for quick maintenance, the yard was in the centre of the village and they were the only ones with a proper workshop… Still doesn’t solve the question though…the quest goes on…

Its roof looks like the one of the Pegasos of the sixties; strange… The wheels look rather Germanic than Italian, and not so sure about the RHD. The general shape of the cab would make it a Mercedes or Magirus 1955-60, but…

Fergie47:

pv83:

It looks like a Deutz. I remember there were a couple of RHD units that ran out of Sandwich on C or D-plates (c 1963/4) in the '60s. I’ve found this pic of a RHD one on a D-plate. Also, the roof might have been modified for car transporter work, rather than crane work - just a guess. Robert

autowp.ru_magirus_deutz_200d_16fs_pluto_200_f-s_1.jpg

Froggy55:
Its roof looks like the one of the Pegasos of the sixties; strange… The wheels look rather Germanic than Italian, and not so sure about the RHD. The general shape of the cab would make it a Mercedes or Magirus 1955-60, but…

Here’s a Pegasos from the '60’s… Similar trucks I’ve got pics of are Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Renault, Maggie and Merc…Similar, but definitely not the same… :wink:

You’ve might pushed us in the right direction there Robert, however, I can’t find any pic’s that were taken from the same angle…

123_fs.jpg