Satnavs

Just some advice i know this question has probably been asked before, I have just passed my class 1 before christmas and got a job in general haulage i need to know what is the best HGV satnav that you have used and available on the market .

Thanks any advice welcome :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I use a an old (but updated] TomTom One XL and a bit of common sense (IE looking at the route before heading off to make sure there’s no daft country lanes) and not ran into any difficulties in 2 and a half years

EDIT: Ive only been driving 2 and a half years albeit on rigids

I have a Tomtom Go 720 with the truck software on it which allows you to put in the dimensions of the lorry you’re driving which is good. I have also got a video player on mine which is ideal if you only have an occasional night out or waiting to be tipped etc, saves the boredom.

ive got tom tom 1, ive updated maps, also go on points of interest and add low bridge signs , truck stops etc all free off tom tom website, also like pete904 said check ur route first on sat nav and use a bit of common sense… ive only been driving class 1 for 5 months , touch wood ive been ok upto now

get yourself a decent map book, thenjust use the satnav for the final approach, and eta’s thats all i use mine for, oh and speed cameras :laughing:

Pronav PNN300 weights /bridges /London lorry routes/Speed cams/
Google it look at their web site

smarty1972:
I have a Tomtom Go 720 with the truck software on it which allows you to put in the dimensions of the lorry you’re driving which is good. I have also got a video player on mine which is ideal if you only have an occasional night out or waiting to be tipped etc, saves the boredom.

Truck Software??

Mark

MarkyBoy:

smarty1972:

Truck Software??

Mark

Yes basically the same as a tomtom 7000 but cheaper :smiley:

Where is this software available please?

Thanks…

MarkyBoy:

Thanks…

Please see the PM i sent for more info.

smarty1972:

MarkyBoy:

Thanks…

Please see the PM i sent for more info.

would you send me info as well please