Satnavs

Hi all

I hope to have my class 2 licence in the near future so starting to get bits an bobs to go in the toolbag :unamused:. Iv’e started to get maps and things like that and now looking to buy a satnav. I know they shouldnt be relied on completly but feel i should have one in the bag lol.
So just wanted to know what satnavs you guys use? or what one you could recommend from personal experience.

P.S Sorry if this has been done before or if its in the wrong place.

Thanks

just a car one should surfice if your planning on staying class 2 you can usually find a place to turn around if you go up a wrongin, artics are a different matter get it wrong and the happy snappers are out takin pics, i did use maps until they were stolen at the moment i have a garmin nuvi car sat nav, i put in the route then i hav a quick study of the route and adapt it to my liking, i no a few of the boys use the snooper 7000 which also has a freeview tv and 7" screen i think its about £380 and other use a tom tom then have truck maps downloaded onto card, all depends on what and were your delivering rdc etc usually not far off the motorway, if its animal foods to farms etc…goodluck

It depends on how much you want to spend. look on ebay
shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks … mtom+truck

im using a tomtom 730 with truck maps on a card…works fine for me
like dusty says, let the satnav plan a route and study it before you start driving, especialy the first and the last few miles of it and modify it if it looks wrong
dont waste your money on paper maps,all you need is a truck atlas with bridges marked on it… :bulb: on second thoughts, ive got a box full of paper maps if you want to buy them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

205:
im using a tomtom 730 with truck maps on a card…works fine for me
like dusty says, let the satnav plan a route and study it before you start driving, especialy the first and the last few miles of it and modify it if it looks wrong
dont waste your money on paper maps,all you need is a truck atlas with bridges marked on it… :bulb: on second thoughts, ive got a box full of paper maps if you want to buy them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

HI 205
I have the AA truck atlas and a few different A to Zs. Il pass on the paper maps thanks anyway :smiley: Thanks for the info.

Thanks to all for replying.

Cheers

If your just starting out I’m going to assume you have many more years to follow, so you might just as well get a good one from the start.
I’ve got a TomTom 730go and have to check and reroute it every time for a truck. I wish I’d gone a few pounds more and got the Snooper s7000. It’s gives free lifetime updates and even comes with a built in 7" self tune freeview tv. It’s a proper UK/Europe truck sat/nav.

Around £380 new on eBay.

I have the S7000, it isnt perfect but it is much better than a car sat nav, ie not getting directed along roads with restrictions and the tv on it is good aslong as you are in a good digital area.

enit?:
If your just starting out I’m going to assume you have many more years to follow, so you might just as well get a good one from the start.
I’ve got a TomTom 730go and have to check and reroute it every time for a truck. I wish I’d gone a few pounds more and got the Snooper s7000. It’s gives free lifetime updates and even comes with a built in 7" self tune freeview tv. It’s a proper UK/Europe truck sat/nav.

Around £380 new on eBay.

Hi Enit

Once I have my class 2 I think il stay with that for a year or so to get some experience in the industry(providing I even get a job) :unamused: However I do plan to gain class1 eventually so yeah its definiately worth getting a decent one from the start to save the aggro of buying again.
I always go by a little saying of (Buy cheap Buy twice)

Cheers

eddie41085:
Hi Enit

Once I have my class 2 I think il stay with that for a year or so to get some experience in the industry(providing I even get a job) :unamused: However I do plan to gain class1 eventually so yeah its definiately worth getting a decent one from the start to save the aggro of buying again.
I always go by a little saying of (Buy cheap Buy twice)
Cheers

It’s the class two work you’ll need one for more than the class one. Class two work is mostly multi drop. You’ll save yourself a lot of time & aggro with a sat/nav.
Before loading for example, you could post code all the drops in and mark your map to decide what way round you want to do it and then load yer boxes to suit.

Assuming you get any say in it that is.

enit?:

Around £380 new on eBay.

Hi Enit,

I wonder if are you using truck maps or car maps on your Tomtom 730 ?