Satnav truck or car

I’m working around Norfolk for the next 6 months on utility work driving a grab wagon
I’ve noticed some roads with low bridges I can get under a 12.9 foot if body is empty and bucket Is laying down on
Body floor, a lot of my jobs are out in
The ■■■■■■■ of nowhere middle of the country ,what type of sat nav would be ideal as I’m
Using my phone and data package any drivers using the cheap models on eBay or going for the branded models cheers .

I use co pilot truck app. Around £80 to buy. Can set height in that. I’ve had no issues so far on phone with it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’ve used the cheap ebay ones for the last 4 yrs…Always found them to be more than upto the job…Although my present one was from a chap called chris…Or trucktables on ebay…And i payed £70 for it…Like i said…Not had any problems with it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I use my truck sat nav but carry a large trucker map book which high lights all bridges and weights.
I have a spare map book if you want it (free). It’s up to date and would serve you very well. I’m in Norfolk so just let me know if I can help.
Below is the one I’m on about. Not a cheap book but I’m sure others would agree its most likely the best out there.

Casper68:
I use my truck sat nav but carry a large trucker map book which high lights all bridges and weights.
I have a spare map book if you want it (free). It’s up to date and would serve you very well. I’m in Norfolk so just let me know if I can help.
Below is the one I’m on about. Not a cheap book but I’m sure others would agree its most likely the best out there.

It’s the same map I carry with me all the time…weighs a tonne in itself but have had to resort to it a couple times even though I have a couple if satnavs. In my opinion should always carry a map no matter what kind of satnav you use or in my case no matter how many…[emoji16]

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

try these:

+

The best thing anyone ever told me was to throw the sat nav out the window save £££

How does throwing a satnav out the window save money :question:

109LWB:
How does throwing a satnav out the window save money :question:

:smiley:

I have a low bridge map,it’s not left my locker in 8 years though…google earth + sat macs,it’s the future kids.

bob96:
The best thing anyone ever told me was to throw the sat nav out the window save £££

Nothing wrong with a sat-nav, just use a bit of common.

JaxDemon:
I use co pilot truck app. Around £80 to buy. Can set height in that. I’ve had no issues so far on phone with it.

That obviously uses phone data

daftvader:
I’ve used the cheap ebay ones for the last 4 yrs…Always found them to be more than upto the job…Although my present one was from a chap called chris…Or trucktables on ebay…And i payed £70 for it…Like i said…Not had any problems with it.

I shall check him out cheers thanks

chef sauce:

JaxDemon:

That obviously uses phone data

If you use live traffic yeah.

daftvader:

I did check out that guys site but there on the higher end but nice looking sat navs I shall probably get one of the cheaper ones would suit better .

No probs…Had the cheaper Nozatec one before this one…And that served me well enough…Just that the bridge heights were’nt that accurate…And was a pain to update the maps unless you know what your doing…

Is this guy still selling satnavs

i do a lot of rural , as in the back o beyond deliveries (builders merchants ) . i have a tom tom 5150 i bought when i was “down the road” but i have it set up on car dimensions as truck dimensions just didnt work ,as most of the roads arent (officially )suitable for hgv 6ft 6 inch width limits 7.5 t weight limits etc . as has been pointed out a phillips truck map will show bridge heights but as you get to know your way around you will know where they are and which way to avoid them .so imho a car nav backed up by a truckers atlas would be adequate .

I have found some bridges within weight limits that are not on the bridge height map ,could be worth remembering especially on utility work ,I wouldnt know if this is the case with a lorry sat nav too ?

I would’nt waste my money on a truck nav.
There’s one in my lorry,and tbh,it’s crap.
Get a drop in a 7.5 weight limit (with access)and the ■■■■■■ thing ties itself in knots.
Coming out of Witwick…the other day…the useless thing was trying to turn me round,when the coalville bypass was 100yds in front of me.