Satnav new year deals

not too far away from maoster depot .

the maoster:

Punchy Dan:
I have to agree with Conor :open_mouth: :laughing: with Google earth wtf needs a sat nav .

Tell that to the plethora of McBurneys drivers who come into our place with battered wind deflectors after using google maps to navigate to our Coldstore and if coming south down the A1 they are directed to turn off just after the ā– ā– ā–  shop through Burton Coggles which is a five tonne weight limit and has a canopy of stout oak trees lining it!

At least three a week so far :smiley: :smiley:

May be this was to do with them :laughing:

beefy4605:

stu675:
If youā€™re looking for an offer? Why wouldnā€™t you choose road lords app available for android?
Iā€™ve never been able to get a map/atlas to show me traffic/road closures.

I tried this app - it canā€™t plan a route out of Northern Ireland into Scotland . If it canā€™t do a simple task like that why would you trust it to do anything else ?

The choice is simple, Stena or P&O, unless you have your own LCT Landing Craft Tank) in which case you need a Raymarin.e or similar system

Punchy Dan:
May be this was to do with them :laughing:

I think that day was a Saturday IIRC and I finished work and came that way, luckily it was about an hour or so after youā€™d finished spreading your particular brand of anarchy! :smiley:

Sand Fisher:

beefy4605:

stu675:
If youā€™re looking for an offer? Why wouldnā€™t you choose road lords app available for android?
Iā€™ve never been able to get a map/atlas to show me traffic/road closures.

I tried this app - it canā€™t plan a route out of Northern Ireland into Scotland . If it canā€™t do a simple task like that why would you trust it to do anything else ?

The choice is simple, Stena or P&O, unless you have your own LCT Landing Craft Tank) in which case you need a Raymarin.e or similar system

Well if its that "simple " why cant this app sort its self out ? Just before I deleted it I noticed it was advertising a Ā£50 or Ā£60 / year to upgrade to all the full fat features - call me suspicious and paranoid if you like but thats not FREE where I come from . A proper truck sat nav with heights , weights and width restrictions in it would be paid off in 5 -6 years
eg - on amazon right now - other online retailes are available -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Navā”‚Free-Lifetime-UK-Europe-Traffic/dp/B0894ZQFT3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2RUK2Y57COW3S&keywords=garmin+dezl+580&qid=1673045080&s=electronics&sprefix=Garmin+dezl+580%2Celectronics%2C88&sr=1-5
Had one for 2 years now and other than one hicup (which was my fault ) it hasnā€™t put me wrong yet .

beefy4605:
]
Well if its that "simple " why cant this app sort its self out ? Just before I deleted it I noticed it was advertising a Ā£50 or Ā£60 / year to upgrade to all the full fat features - call me suspicious and paranoid if you like but thats not FREE where I come from . A proper truck sat nav with heights , weights and width restrictions in it would be paid off in 5 -6 years
eg - on amazon right now - other online retailes are available -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Navā”‚Free-Lifetime-UK-Europe-Traffic/dp/B0894ZQFT3/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2RUK2Y57COW3S&keywords=garmin+dezl+580&qid=1673045080&s=electronics&sprefix=Garmin+dezl+580%2Celectronics%2C88&sr=1-5
Had one for 2 years now and other than one hicup (which was my fault ) it hasnā€™t put me wrong yet .

Iā€™ve been using it for nearly a year now, it has all the heights, weights and widths for free as well as traffic and speed cameras.
My one year old truck has TomTom built in, it has traffic, but not up to date maps. I generally have both of them running and choose whichever offers the quickest route, which 7 times out of 10 is road lords.

Jimmy McNulty:

Conor:
Google Maps, Philips Truckers Atlas to check for bridges on unfamiliar routes and MK1 eyeball connected to MK1 brain. Quick look at Google Streetview the night before to look at the delivery location to see if you need to approach from a certain direction and whether you can just drive in or itā€™s better to reverse in to make life easier.

Not everyoneā€™s given their run the night before chief or the same trunk run over the 66 every night, a newish driver would be better off with the Satnav until they find their feet.

This

Narc:

stu675:

Narc:
No deals then!
Thank you lads and all the best!

Yup, sorry, I canā€™t do better than free.

Stu, I am going to have a look at this now pal

Thank you

How are you getting on with it?

stu675:

Narc:

stu675:

Narc:
No deals then!
Thank you lads and all the best!

Yup, sorry, I canā€™t do better than free.

Stu, I am going to have a look at this now pal

Thank you

How are you getting on with it?

Hi pal

Not for me ,i tried a few different apps and needed a bigger screen so used an old unit for a bit

See TOM TOM having 30 percent off truck nav 7 inch expert today only
tomtom.com/en_gb/store/basket-overview.html

Seems no more lifetime from TOMTOM though!!!

Warning about TOMTOM sales,I bought the new 7 inch Expert truck nav
They sent me a used refurbished unit when they had a 30% off sale, the screen protector
Had all bubbles in it and the rear covering plastic had light scratches all around it,they had sent me this
As a brand new unit.How sad is that!