Satnav Advice

I have a tomtom 1 which i sometimes use along with an atlas. Problem is the maps are a few years out of date. Does anyone know if i can update the maps without paying lots of money out i just dont have. Too old to support mapshare.Thanks in advance

try Mininova.com
type in tomtom and loads of stuff comes up maps speed cameras, its a file sharing network so u’ll need utorrent or a similar program - it’s all free i got cameras and bridges from there although i dont really trust the bridges one

I use a TomTom One as well. Sure there’s a couple of new roads but I never have a problem.
What sort of problems do you find?

tyler4164:
I have a tomtom 1 which i sometimes use along with an atlas. Problem is the maps are a few years out of date. Does anyone know if i can update the maps without paying lots of money out i just dont have. Too old to support mapshare.Thanks in advance

Is it v1 or v2? My v2 downloaded a software update to get it up to v3. You might have to buy the map at the same time.

Tip: Every now and then, TomTom have a sale on dowloaded maps. Get on their mailing list to find out when, and you can get the new map for half price.

Log on to TomTom Home. You can plug in your TomTom to your Pc with a USB cable and download map updates direct to it - plus free software updates.

Mine is the v1 as ive had it a few yrs now

can u tell me what your map version it is what your device is using etc using this link here to find out if u dont know
tomtom.com/support/product.p … 1&FID=6449
, i guess u got a tomtom go 300 ,i might be able to help you out, but wud mean sending me your device to me including your device code and usb lead,if you still have it that came on a credit card size piece of card, will also put low bridges speed camera and other poi you would like on it etc , all i ask is that you pay for postage to me and bk to you ,can do it all in a day and hopefully sent bk the day i get it , or be day next mornin if miss the post.

I’ve just had an email from TomTom to say that they’ve got a map sale on. So, if you’re thinking of upgrading…

MrFlibble:
I’ve just had an email from TomTom to say that they’ve got a map sale on. So, if you’re thinking of upgrading…

Maps on sale - that usually means brand new maps will be out approx 8 weeks :exclamation:

The Declaration:

MrFlibble:

Maps on sale - that usually means brand new maps will be out approx 8 weeks :exclamation:

That’s about right. If they are still doing that so called map guarantee :imp: You may be able to time it right and get the next map out for nowt too. That’s if you get them to honor of course. All of of sudden Home might not work right, ohh how convenient. :imp: :smiling_imp: