Satellite navigation.What have you got?

mightymart

have mine set for a car as i dont need to worry bout height, not that tall

but i do still check my map as today it wanted to send me over kirkstone pass ( i avoid that at all costs )

other half has used it and found that it did avoid low bridges ect

I’m hoping TomTom’s will be a lot better with this new mapping software they’ve got comming out, in conjunction with the find fastest route, you should be on the major roads as much as possible :unamused:. One hopes. Animal’s right though, you’ve still got to use some common sense and check your map occasionally :wink:.

Animal
What I meant to say was what set up do you have, IE: Tomtom sat nav,PDA with tomtom or Navman etc etc.

alix776
Didn’t quite understand what you meant by "Im on with the same sn ".
good website from what I have seen of it ,but hav’nt had a GOOD look yet :laughing:

Deesider:
:slight_smile:

Alright, How many of you lot have a weekend job behind the counter at Dixons or P.C. World :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

that the only way i will be able to afford one is get a job there for a couple of weekends and pinch what i need and not go back :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

have a garmin street piolet 111

Just bought myself a Navman ICN610 today,and for the price,it seems ok.

As there must be more and more of us that are using them in our job,what have you got,and how do you rate it?

Ken.

Tom Tom Go 9.9/10. I rate it as fantastic :grimacing:. Just switch it on, charge it and go. It is made for car drivers and it was a bit pricey at pushing £500, but it’s removed sooooooooooo much stress from my life :wink:. Having said that, used sensibly they’re great, but a right pain if you don’t check the route they’ve given you :unamused:.

I bought a “proper” one two/three years ago - the Garmin Street Pilot. If I was buying one now, I’d probably look at Tom Tom, but would end up buying the “proper” one again!

I agree with Lib Has took a load of stress away, spend a lot of time in the centre of London, i can save at least 20 mins, that is the time it takes to look at map and find a way fron a to b, but like Lib say’s you have to check it’s route, i just lose the signal a little bit when there are tall buildings around, but that is not much of a problem, sorry forgot i have Tomtom

I bought a Mio 168, with GB and ireland mapping and only £250!

absolutly top bit of kit!

But lost it in a truck 2 weeks after buying it I’m now saving for another! :blush:

I must say,the reason I bought the Navman 610,is because it was on offer from PC World,for £299,instead of £399,with the option of buy now,pay March 2006,effectively giving you 12 months interest free.

If,however,you don’t pay it off by then,they charge you interest…

Ken.

Super Dan:
I bought a Mio 168, with GB and ireland mapping and only £250!

absolutly top bit of kit!

But lost it in a truck 2 weeks after buying it I’m now saving for another! :blush:

I have one also. Excellent piece of kit well worth the money and it has the GPS built in so you can easily move it from vehicle to vehicle. With a 512 sd card was about £220. Tom Tom 3 a mate gave me a cd.

How on earth did you lose it??

good old a-z never let me down yet :wink:

If your on multi drop say 25 drops or so, will sat nav put the drops in route order for you if you type in all the addresses?

Jay

Jaycool007:
If your on multi drop say 25 drops or so, will sat nav put the drops in route order for you if you type in all the addresses?

Jay

I reckon it should tell you the best route to a new job! :laughing:

I have never been sure about them, and 2 instances have proved me correct

2 years ago i blew my motorbike engine up and was recovered by the AA. He entered the details for the dealer in Leamington Spa and the machine directed him from Leicester Forest Services through Coventry, along the A45 and the A46 then into Warwick and back to Leamington. I lived around that area, and knew the shortest directions but the patrolman preffered an electric woman telling him the directions.

And, This weekend we were running a motorcycle grasstrack meeting, the organisers had given the ambulance service an address with a postcode, The 2 ambulances we had ordered arrived 2 hours late and done 180 miles from Nottingham to Burton on Trent.

This evening there was a serious accident and the air ambulance had to be called, the ambulance driver could not give the helicopter precise instructions, even using sat nav :cry:

I hope the rider is ok, because he didnt look very good when they airlifted him to hospital. :cry:

I use an Ipaq running TomTom3, Works fine for me. Have the Speed camera and low bridge databases on it. Bridge database isn’t very up to date but is better then nothing. I also check route given against a map. Have noticed that for some reason TomTom gives Farnham in Dorset in preference to the bigger one in Surrey :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

TomTom Go has fantastic reviews, I have noticed a lot of truckers using this model, can be bought now for £360.00. Anyone wanting the latest kit should wait until mid april when the new TomTom Gos are launched. The new ones double up as a bluetooth car kit and also have live weather and travel updates via your moby.

Don’t need one at he mo as my job is repetetive but as soon as I do will be buying the TomTom Go 700 - prices yet to be announced, due out in the next 2 weeks.

I have the Ipaq also, with my phone I can surf the web send and recieve emails, turn the TV over and do almost anything a normal pc can, oh yeh it fits in my pocket :smiley:

But I agree with most with tomtom you need a map just to make sure. :wink:

Great bit of kit, worth their weight in gold.