Sat Navs... helpful?... or not!

Hello…
just wondering if sat navs are ■■■■■■■■ or worth getting?
I drive 7.5 rigids and looking for a sat nav. possibly to do some artic work too.

are they helpful or can they get you into more crap than theyre worth?

Yes helpfull but dont depend on it, you still need your brain in gear for when it trips you up.

Sat-navs are a very useful driving aid, the problems occur when people wrongly believe they’re more than just a driving aid.

I use a Snooper, very useful round the motorways/Ma’dchester & main roads, not brilliant around London (I HATE London !). You need to have your wits about you.

I’m glad I started in the late 70s/early 80s & built up a limited knowledge of the UK roads using A to Z’s & maps.

Technology is useful, but someone will always try to screw you over with a weight, width or height limit- Nimby’s rule our world now & they don’t want Great Big Dirty Trucks driving down their roads.

Very useful in my opinion but for more than you might imagine. I bought a second hand TomTom (£110) on Ebay which has the up to date Truck software on it. As well as good LGV route planning it has a large number of the fixed and mobile camera sites on and acts as an excellent handsfree unit for my mobile as I move from truck to truck. Well worth the money in my humble opinion.