Sat Nav

Hello All

You’ve all probably had this question before. I can find any answers so Ill ask anyway.

Im looking at buying a trucking Sat Nav. Ive looked on various internet sites and they all sound very good. What they don’t do is give practical experience.

I was either thinking TomTom or Snooper.

What would you suggest.

Cheers

Steve

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=76973

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=75444

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=73905

prefer the tomtom with truck maps myself

Hi Noddy220

I havent had much experiance with a Tom Tom although i havent really heard any bad reports.

I purchased a Truckmate Snooper S7000 about a month ago. Cost £370 but i find its worth every penny. It has a nice 7inch screen, and you can put all the dimensions into it for your truck and it Will avoid bridges, widths and weights accordingly.

Extremly clear junction signs and information is displayed. Also has Live traffic reports and a handy built in freeview tv with high Quality reception.

Personally id give it 9/10. Not the cheapest but very impressive and reliable, even in London city.

Hope this is of help.
Ben

I’ve got the Snooper S7000 pro £375.00, very clear directions, counts down to junction gives lots of info so even sitting on the motorway for hours I have a great deal of detailed info about the surrounding area. Driving dark back roads at night you can see the twists and turns and what will be coming up and has a sharp bend warning. This is great if you don’t know the road well. If you are not using it to navigate, It will still show speed camera’s and bridge heights etc.

I have foung the navtec map lacking compared to a tom tom, my wifes basic tom twit has found roads and addresses that the navtec map struggled with. I get around this by getting a “bead” on somewhere very close using the find by map feature. You have to do this to get around the “computer says no” loop it gets itself into. Also if a road is closed and the diversion unsuitable it’s very hard to get it to ignore and stop it re routing using the closed road. There may be feature to get around this I’m not sure.

Having started with no commercial experience and lacking white van man skills, I find it gets me to where I want to go. PROVIDING I HAVE NOT BEEN FEED ■■■■■ IN THE FIRST PLACE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: which is more often than not when doing agency work. :unamused: :laughing: