Sat nav.

No, not another “which sat nav?” question you’ll be relieved to hear.

I have a TomTom Go Professional 6250 that comes with free lifetime map updates and live traffic. The problem is that for the last few days the live traffic hasn’t been working (which is pretty much what I wanted it for). Apparently there is no GPRS signal. I’ve tried turning off all other electrical devices such as dashcam, radio, CB etc to no avail. If I create a Wi-Fi hotspot with my phone the sat nav picks that up and live traffic starts working again, the second I turn the hotspot off the live traffic stops working.

This has only been happening in the last two days, nothing in the lorry has changed, no new windscreen or electrical devices etc. Any ideas?

Edit to add; I’ve also done umpteen hard resets also, but no change

Read the bloody matrix signs

ffs mate , you know better get your maps out,use your mouth like the old days :bulb: ask the locals when in the vicinity :unamused: :wink:

m.a.n rules:
ffs mate , you know better get your maps out,use your mouth like the old days :bulb: ask the locals when in the vicinity :unamused: :wink:

How does that work avoiding snarl ups on the motorway?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

the maoster:
No, not another “which sat nav?” question you’ll be relieved to hear.

I have a TomTom Go Professional 6250 that comes with free lifetime map updates and live traffic. The problem is that for the last few days the live traffic hasn’t been working (which is pretty much what I wanted it for). Apparently there is no GPRS signal. I’ve tried turning off all other electrical devices such as dashcam, radio, CB etc to no avail. If I create a Wi-Fi hotspot with my phone the sat nav picks that up and live traffic starts working again, the second I turn the hotspot off the live traffic stops working.

This has only been happening in the last two days, nothing in the lorry has changed, no new windscreen or electrical devices etc. Any ideas?

Edit to add; I’ve also done umpteen hard resets also, but no change

My TomTom traffic has been a bit spotty of late. Mine runs off my phone hotspot

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Just get…

On the old chicken box and get all the info you need from your fellow truckers.

10-4.

^^^ the problem with using a phone as a hotspot is that it absolutely eats data. I was shocked at just how much it does. If you are suffering also it could mean a TomTom general problem then, not just mine.

Check the smallprint to see if there is a limited time on using the built-in SIM for data. If there isn’t a limited time on that, then it is probably a hardware issue.

^^^ definitely a lifetime subscription mate.

No issue with GPRS on my 6200 currently connected and working.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bear in mind I think TomTom uses vodaphone network for the built in Sims but could be wrong.

It could possibly be a Voda or whatever network they use having an issue in certain areas?

Sim is under the serial number sticker. Peel sticker off and remove and reinsert the SIM. Have read the contacts can oxidise somewhat over time and removing and reinserting the SIM card several times can be a possible fix.

^^^ Excellent Simcor. I’ll try that later, thank you.

the maoster:
^^^ Excellent Simcor. I’ll try that later, thank you.

Trying to get the SIM card out without a pair of tweezers seems pretty hard. I messed around with mine and lost GPRS connection for a moment but got it back just by trying to wiggle the card.

Remove the sim card and use an ink eraser on the contacts to clean the oxidization off.
You can do the same to chip and pin enabled cards and the digi card too.