Sat nav

Punchy Dan:
I use sat nav long and Lat every week for forestry commission land where there’s no map or address never failed yet .

Christ the commission round here are hard pressed give you a forest district never mind long and lat!

GOG47:

Punchy Dan:

mick.mh2racing:
Not sure a sat nav would help you mate. Not that I’m suggesting you’re beyond help, just that a stack of timber in the middle of a forest in the middle of the arse of nowhere is unlikely to have a valid postcode.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

The Middle of a forest is where a sat nav is great just put the longitude and latitude in and of you go to the exact pile of wood .

Nah, normally you’ll get directions, they’ll usually go something like this:- turn off the tar at xyz turn in, straight on through that job we did 2years ago, you remember the one, the forwarder driver couldn’t stack for [zb],keep going up past where Joe Bloggs rolled into the ditch last year, take the next fork and keep going,remember we did a job in there a while ago and the road kept collapsing,and so it’ll go on,until you reach what you hope is the timber you’re meant to lift,sometimes there might be a board with a site name or even a machine operator to ask, mostly not, now try this at 4am on a winter morning in horizontal sleet. Sat Nav guided steering wheel attendants need not apply :laughing:

FFS this is the same near directions I had for 6yrs hauling redimix…are you sure your name isn’t :stuck_out_tongue: Hubert■■?