Sat Nav

Hi all. Im new to driving a truck commercially, had my license for 20 yrs for my old job as commercial mechanic but now change
of carear & enduring the cpc im now on the road.
I’m currently using my dads sat nav & looking to purchase my own truck specific sat nav but there is lots out there to choose from.
I would appreciate any veiws/recomendations on good truck specific sat navs :unamused:

Thanks for the replies, ive been looking around at the sat navs on offer
Just ordered the 7" sat nav from trucktables.com, See how we get on :laughing:

Use the search function mate, or: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128456

sheepy:
Hi all. Im new to driving a truck commercially, had my license for 20 yrs for my old job as commercial mechanic but now change
I’m currently using my dads sat nav & looking to purchase my own truck specific sat nav but there is lots out there to choose from.
I would appreciate any veiws/recomendations on good truck specific sat navs :unamused:

I recommend steering clear of TomTom’s truck sat-navs; they are not very responsive and it takes seconds for anything to happen whenever you touch the screen.

One of the truck magazines recently did a group test and I think Snooper’s devices came out best and Garmin’s second. I’ve used Garmin for years and they work very well.

IndigoJo:

sheepy:

I recommend steering clear of TomTom’s truck sat-navs; they are not very responsive and it takes seconds for anything to happen whenever you touch the screen.

One of the truck magazines recently did a group test and I think Snooper’s devices came out best and Garmin’s second. I’ve used Garmin for years and they work very well.

ery

Garmin has been the most reliable for me. Not 100% perfect though as every so often it’ll try and take you through a housing estate or narrow road. No nav will ever replace common sense, but they are good for 99% of the time.

Garmin 770 lmt is my current choice.

I second the opinion on Tom Tom. That’s what I use and wouldn’t recommend one. Won’t go into the many reasons why (and there are many reasons) but the bottom line is I won’t be getting another one from Tom Tom!

I’ve also heard snooper is the best and if I did get another truck sat nav then that’s what I’d look at going for.

I got a sat nav off eBay for about 70 quid. Very rare it let’s me down. Would highly recommend

I have a Snooper, Excellent unit, Good service from snooper when I had a software glitch

Garmin has nice graphics but are very slow to reroute should you go the wrong way, Snooper re routes in seconds, snooper can have an18 multi drop route and will show arrival times for all 18.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

vikingpete:
I got a sat nav off eBay for about 70 quid. Very rare it let’s me down. Would highly recommend

+1

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

vikingpete:

I was already to go for the snooper until I saw the one on eBay and decided to give it a go. Again it’s never let me down and used in conjunction with Google maps it’s saved me several hundred pounds.

I think whatever sat nav you go for google maps is invaluable for checking your destination.

I’d recommend the trucktables 7inch satnav for £72. Don’t use it very often but on a recent trip to Poland it did the job just fine

hgv-trucktables.co.uk/category/truck-sat-nav