Sat nav

Hello so I start next week on the tippers I’m after a sat nav not to expensive any body recommend or mo any one cheers lee

Sat navs and tipper drivers… hmmm.

At the next exit tur… and your 2 miles past the exit…

:laughing:

(sensible answer) any sat nav will do just get one you think will suit you best, and just remember to not turn your brain off when you turn your sat nav on!

Don’t know anything about them but Halfords have an offer on TomToms at the moment, with free euro maps (for life it says) for £79.99, which seems like a good deal to me.
Jase

Lol cheers mate

Just looked there car ones bugger.

pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi … 1574424043
Thats a cheap chinese one but do its job.

oaziux:
eBay
Thats a cheap chinese one but do its job.

+1 got one does exactly what it says on the tin. Good value.

I can only speak about the one I use - a Garmin Dezl 560 - and the one I sent back because it was rubbish - the TomTom Truck Pro I think it was called. Had a horrible user interface that took two seconds from touching the screen to anything happening. And setting a route took about five or six touches (excluding entering the postcode) including the standard safety warnings, every time. And the sign details were so inaccurate as to be useless. I’d used a Garmin car satnav for years so despite their eccentricities I knew their product couldn’t be as bad as the TomTom, and it was much better.

Please guys… buy a truck tomtom. …not a car one. The Halford one is for cars.
tomtom 5100 or 7100 will cost you 300 plus. I’ve had mine for 4 years now.
Or the snooper truck range. They’re good. As truck drivers, this is going to be one of your most important tools. Also it helps with when to take a break, as youre arrival time will be at truck speed, not 70 mph car speed.
Don’t ruin your license and job by hotting a bridge, or going down a a narrow rout or ending up in a cul de sac on a housing estate. It’s happening too often these days.

My 'ol man rates his very highly
He got it from

hgv-trucktables.co.uk/7-truck-sat-nav.php

I second the Tomtom Truck recommendation.

Yes, it is expensive, and yes, the interface is slow and clunky. However, I have been tinkering with satnav systems for years (Garmin, iGo, Sygic, Waze, Google, Nokia Here, CoPilot, Route 66 etc) and I still find Tomtom the best for routing algorithms. It also seems to be quite competent at avoiding most truck hazards (bridges and weight restrictions etc). The live traffic came free for the first year and is proving pretty accurate, offering truck-friendly detours when things get bad.

Having Tomtom Truck with me gives me a bit of confidence in navigating an articulated lorry around so I get a little less stressed with the fear of finding myself trapped and unable to turn (it even has a dead end street warning feature).

Orc can u tell me what model u have. I really need a new one that gives live traffic.

I’ve just got the Tomtom Truck 5150, being a new driver I’m finding it very useful, First day using it, it tried to take me down a couple of 7.5t roads but I then updated the maps (free for life) and hasn’t since (that may be coincidental though) overall pretty good. The live traffic seems pretty accurate.

HeavyOwl:
Orc can u tell me what model u have. I really need a new one that gives live traffic.