Sat Nav

After some sat nav advice, can anybody tell me what tom tom models you can input maximum speed (i.e. 85 k.p.h.) on route planning, I need to buy a new one and I know some models you can no longer do this. Not interested in truck ones they are too expensive. Any help appreciated.

My car garmin does that but my snooper trucknav doesnt. Not a problem though as they both adjust the arrival time to the average speed.

As far as route planning goes I can just about work out how long the routes are based on the knowledge of getting between fixed points on the roads.

From base down the a1 to Ferry bridge, 1.45, to M18 junction is 2.10, down the m1 to j24 for the 42 is 3.10. So can work out most route timing without the nav.

The nav comes in handy on the last legs guiding you in and giving an estimate for arrival.
Steve

rubyroo2:
After some sat nav advice, can anybody tell me what tom tom models you can input maximum speed (i.e. 85 k.p.h.) on route planning, I need to buy a new one and I know some models you can no longer do this. Not interested in truck ones they are too expensive. Any help appreciated.

I ALWAYS WONDER SO IF YOU DONT USE A TRUCK NAV HOW DO YOU GET AROUND LOW BRIDGE AND 7.5 TONNE ZONES. You must get into loads of hassels

sweeper1gg:

rubyroo2:

I ALWAYS WONDER SO IF YOU DONT USE A TRUCK NAV HOW DO YOU GET AROUND LOW BRIDGE AND 7.5 TONNE ZONES. You must get into loads of hassels

I get around low bridges and weight limits by reading map books, road signs and warnings, my tomtoms given up the ghost, only really use it because it gives me a rough idea of arrival time.