Sat nav with Traffic info

The TomTom traffic is excellent,lost count of the amount of times I’ve turned it on in the morning and it’s told me about an accident on the motorway which has literally saved me hours as it automatically re routes to avoid them,without it I wouldn’t of known until I joined the back of the queue as traffic info at 3am on the wireless is non existent also our depot is 4 miles from joining the motorway so it’s great to have the know instant traffic outlook.

How much does it cost to renew TomTom traffic after the first year?

tallyman:

£50

Actrosman:
Live Traffic ain’t all it’s cracked up to be…if the info doesn’t get ‘put out’, you simply won’t get it…it’s as reliable as the matrix signs!

I don’t know about that , at the moment i use rds -tmc mains lead in an old tomtom and the traffic information is brilliant , soon as i put it my route it , i get told if a road is closed on my route , tells me if there is an accident , tells me if lanes are closed and how long the congestion is . You don’t get that info in any book of maps even if you carry a large suitcase of maps with you,
So i would of thought the live traffic info that you have to pay for would be better

Actrosman:

tallyman:

£50

Not if you buy the lifetime edition sat nav,works out about £60 quid more but the traffic is for life so you don’t pay to renew

I can’t argue with the fact that tom tom is accurate. Always spot on with location of traffic or closures and arrival times with this included are pretty much spot on. That said, when it tries to re route you round whatever it is, be very VERY careful. It could well be taking you down some country lane or residential street to bypass the traffic so if you can’t actually stop to check the alternatives with a map then stick on your original route.

Pat Hasler:
As I have stated many times. sat navs are a waste of your money, if you have a smart phone just save money, look at the map that should be on the phone, go to settings and click on traffic, the map will show the roads in red if there is a delay, green if everything is running smoothly. The map also have built in navigation as I have also said.
Don’t waste you money and time on satnavs. Also if you download a traffic alert app on the phone it will give you a warning well ahead of time even when the map is not active.

And you pay for data usage on the phone for traffic etc.

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Snooper every time for me, spot on with everything and they might be a little expensive but you get what you pay for, dab radio, tv etc and great in the uk and Europe

Rowley010:
I can’t argue with the fact that tom tom is accurate. Always spot on with location of traffic or closures and arrival times with this included are pretty much spot on. That said, when it tries to re route you round whatever it is, be very VERY careful. It could well be taking you down some country lane or residential street to bypass the traffic so if you can’t actually stop to check the alternatives with a map then stick on your original route.

If you have the hgv version and your parameters set then it will only take you on diversions that fit within those.

Ive just purchased a Tomtom Lifetime 6000 Truck Edition and to be fair, so far it’s been excellent.

Would’ve saved me an hour on the M6 at J16 a few weeks ago if only I’d trusted it or actually cared about getting back early.

And Monday it gave me a jump on the cretins that run Highways England. M1 was saying J6a closed all the way down. Sat nav was telling me to leave at J8 to take the A414 over to the A1 and onto the M25 from there. About 5 mins before J8 it offered me a faster route which I opted to take. It then took me to J6a and as I got there they were about 3 quarters of the way through removing the cones. That’s a pretty fast update. The matrix signs were still saying closed.

Same deal round at J28-J29 which was closed. Was initially routing me off at J28 but not long after I got on M25 it offered me a faster route and was now saying it was open. All the way from the M1 to the A12 it was saying closed on the Matrix signs when it was clearly already open. If tomtom know, what are the clowns at the Highways Agency doing in the control room :unamused:

xichrisxi:

Actrosman:

tallyman:

£50

Not if you buy the lifetime edition sat nav,works out about £60 quid more but the traffic is for life so you don’t pay to renew

My 5150 is well outdated now…must be nearly 3 year old!

I think they have just brought out a new version for larger vehicles.
tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/truck-sat-nav/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a 6000 with built in wifi

smokinbarrels:
I think they have just brought out a new version for larger vehicles.
tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/truck-sat-nav/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much love