SAT-NAV WITH FULL EUROPEAN

Have tried the search button but cant find anything useful■■? :confused: :confused: :confused:

What is the best Sat-Nav with * FULL * Euro Maps? I need it to cover Greece Turkey and all Eastern European Countries.
Have looked around, asked some people and am still unsure?
I am thinking Garmin seems to be the winner on both Map coverage and a reasonable price too??

Any advice would be appreciated…Cheers.

I doubt you’ll get a satnav that will give you FULL European coverage without some compromise.
You end up with limited coverage of major E.euro routes only. This is a problem I have with my garmin Zumo 550. Getting both eastern & western europe loaded is a problem for me, due to the file size, the only way around I can get around it is via garmins map updates, is download ALL europe to my PC, load western Europe onto my device, and via mapsource load the eastern europe maps onto an SD card. However if you look for a satnav with greater Memory storage you might get what your after. I’ve just got a TT GO950 this does have more storage space. Also greater euro coverage + north America. It really down to what you actually want the eastern euro coverage for…work or vacation purposes
Try asking your question over on www.pocketgpsworld.co.uk

Thanks Pierre,

It is for work purposes, I figured I would struggle to get one with ALL Europe…Will follow your link, much appreciated Thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My Navigon 3300 max covers ALL Europe…£80 At Halfords…I paid £129, 6 months back. A bit fiddly at first, but very good sat nav. :sunglasses:

I have a navigon thats covers the whole of Europe absolutely brilliant!!

i have a garmin nuvi 1490 with full european maps, i’ve had it about 7 months and never had a problem with it, about 280 quid from halfords :smiley:

The TomTom 750 Live covers all of Europe, Scandinavia, and Russia (including the former Russian states), as well as Turkey. You get good
coverage of mainland Europe, but to get full coverage for Russia, Turkey and Greece, you’ll need to buy a SD card to fit all the upgrades on.
With the upgrades you’ll get about 98% coverage.
Its not a truck-specific sat-nav, but then thats not a bad thing.
I paid just over 200Euro at a MediaMart for mine, and the SD card cost £10 at Halfords.

I use the Tomtom 540 with truck maps, went Bulgaria last year, drove all over the country and it was brilliant.

I’d recommend this route, it probably won’t have much truck info for other countries, but the road info seems pretty good.

Cheap too :slight_smile:

I agree with gb1…as I have the GO950. The coverage is good. The OP will probably need to add the extra maps to get the coverage needed. But the GO series does have the capacity to add what’s needed

AFAIK a lot of the eastern European mapping on most satnav’s is only partial.
With the devices concentrating on the more comprehensive “western Europe” part. Especially on cheaper devices. From my past research things are however improving. You can get more comprehensive mapping as add on purchases depending on your device & O/S.

I’d ask anyone who’s replied to check the manufacturers website to see exactly what coverage their devices give & post a link. As a benchmark test, check online & do a comparison to see how good the mapping is against openstreetmap.org/ as I’ve found the world wide street level detail to be good on there due to it’s open source nature.

I have various untested map files (navigon, TT, garmin etc) for satellite navigation in countries outside western Europe. The legitimacy of which may be questionable :blush:

I’d add that the TomTom came with 2 years free updates. Coverage so far has been exceptional, having used it throughout Europe, Scandinavia, Russia (where I
wasn’t expecting too much detail, but had total coverage everywhere I went), Turkey, and Greece.
The only time i’ve lost coverage was in Poland last week on a newly opened road. Maybe it’s time to update again!
And this from the bloke that said he’d never have one!!

Don’t need to add anything on mine. Worked straight out of the box.
I say again…All Europe.

My Tomtom has full European coverage.

Navigon 4310 max covers all Europe straight out the box.

Thanks for all your help guys, looks like the Navigon is the way to go… :smiley: :smiley:

Have made enquiries on TomTom and they said themselves they dont cover Greece Turkey and some of the lesser known eastern euro countries, and I wouldnt be able to upload it as too much memory taken by the main maps.

Doesnt need to be HGV specific as going back on the vans initially, then onto trucks once I have proved myself… :wink: :wink: Its gonna be an adventure and I am VERY excited, not ashamed to say it :laughing:

Keep ya eyes peeled, a new sprinter will be passing ya with my name plate in the screen and one on the back too…just in case you blink!! LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Navigon 4350 True FULL EUROPEAN coverage out of the box £89.90 from Halfords!!! Guess where I am going tommorow?? :sunglasses: :grimacing:

Thanks again guys for your advice.

Take my advice though. Use a pen/ stylus. It’s very fiddly. Some of the icons you use are tiny. The user manual is ■■■■■■ Ask for a demo, it helps…Trust me!

After swearing I’d never use a sat-nav, I bought a Garmin Nuvi 265W a couple of months ago for £108.00. I bought it with full EU coverage (42 countries - I didn’t think there were 42 countries in the EU!). I’ve used it in Northern Europe mainly (Benelux, Germany and Scandinavia) and it’s been great!

Bob

Griff82:
I have a navigon thats covers the whole of Europe absolutely brilliant!!

I heard that data for Moldavia and Ukraine is limited but I never been there myself.

I am using it, and it works brilliant. That might be not a big use for you, truckers, but it guided me to avoid an accident in rural czech area using dirt tracks in the forrest.

The only problem in some countries the POI are not accurate. For example in Poland data regarding Shell garages is completely useless, it seem to put them in some random places like middle of the field or lake…

But as for the roads - it’s great.

Countries I’ve been using it so far - UK, F, B, NL, D, PL, CZ, SK, H, SLO, HR, DK, S, N and I am very happy with it at all time.

peirre:
I agree with gb1…as I have the GO950. The coverage is good. The OP will probably need to add the extra maps to get the coverage needed. But the GO series does have the capacity to add what’s needed

AFAIK a lot of the eastern European mapping on most satnav’s is only partial.

This all depends of the brand. Before I bought my Navigon, I was using one of the top of the range Tom Toms lend to my by a friend. Very nice and perfectly good in UK. Mediocre in Europe. Crap in Eastern Europe.

I think this is a reason why Tom Tom is not popular in Poland, because according to my Polish friends even the ones bought there have very bad mapping of this area…

My Tom Tom,( before it killed itself!) Was useless in most of Eastern Europe. I even paid £70 for the map, which didn’t know it’s arse from it’s elbow.
Never again Tom Tom!