Sat Nav with bridge height warnings

here

Snooper Syrius CV option

This option available on the Syrius enables the driver to put in the height of their vehicle and if any bridges ‘breach’ that height, then plenty of advanced warning will be given.A Europlus version is also available, the Syrius CV Euro.

It looks like a very clever extra, has anyone tried it?

let make an msn chat and ask the boss if i can get reveiw unit :laughing:

alix776:
let make an msn chat and ask the boss if i can get reveiw unit :laughing:

I would bet you could in your pocket gps hat…
just noticed this at the bottom of the web page

CV Upgrade to Include Low Bridge Alerts for Commercial Vehicles [Add £100.00]

bit pricey for a lowly trucker :cry:

just had a look at snooper direct

i can see it now well the snoper said i could et under the bridge

by the looks of it only warns you about a low bridge on your route and its 100 quid extra :open_mouth: the same thing can be had on tomtom garmin etc or any unit that takes cutsom poi and its alot cheeper

for 100 quid more i want auto avoid the works properly 100quid for a database omg what rip off

alix776:
for 100 quid more i want auto avoid the works properly

is there such a thing?

no not as yet and as far as i know theres nothing in alpha or beta yet either

the thing is that its aimed at the person who has got a clue about gps or navigation systems. they may sell a few over xmas with wives and girlfriends buying one for there partners. but anyone looking round on the net for satnav with low bridges will i think look at that first and go for it as it has the bridges on it.

im not knocking snooper at all it a good thing to have them installed but what is the routing like in the first place,

im not going to ask the bosses for a reveiw as what they are selling can be done on any current tomtom, garmin.mio etc units for a lot less than 430 quid