SAT NAV which one

I am thinking of buying the Snooper truckmate s7000 and wondered if any of you have had any experience of 1.
Or could maybe recomend a different 1.
cheers

Not this old chestnut again … :unamused: :unamused:

Any old satnav will do the job satisfactorily even a cheap Garmin i3 off evilbay for £30. (recon with new 2010 UK & euro maps installed).
So long as you can use common sense while using the satnav. Its the POIs that you install in it, and how you them thats critical, the POIs are usually free just ask here for which ones your looking for and we should be able to point you in the right direction.

Then you can spend the money you saved on other F.A.R.K.L.E.S for the truck, & maybe have change to buy beer :stuck_out_tongue:

oh right cool.
thanks

basically they all do the same job just as well so its down to how much you want to spend. its possible to buy mid range tomtom and upgrade it the give all the truck options free of charge or you can even buy reconditioned tomtom truck units on ebay for around £200

I own an S7000 Truckmate with the EU maps.

The Satnav is fantastic and will do a hell of a good job at selecting a suitable route depending on your vehicle height & weight. It also has a built in freeview tuner, so it makes your breaks a little less boring.

Good points: Routing, screen size (gives a good lay of the land ahead) and very good up-to-date map supplied. Traffic camera positions & TMC are free for life and a big help.

Bad points: Easily damaged screen which isn’t covered by warranty, costs £250 to replace after a little knock. Routing won’t always take you the quickest route even if you tell it, as the software tries to take you the most fuel-efficient way giving priority to motorways over A-roads which on a long journey can often add 30 mins to your daily driving time.

Overall I am pleased I own it, but you must treat that screen with kid-gloves!!! If you have £500 ish to spend and want a good one, then go for it, you’ll love it.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

great stuff, thanks for that.

recomend the tomtom myself
x20 or x30 series from ebay around £120 and add truck maps to it
I like the TomTom Points Of Interest (POI) system which allow you to download freely available collections of markers for a wide variety of locations as diverse as McDonalds,truckstops,laybys,ind estates,supermarkets,cafes to ATM Cashpoint machine

I wonder if anybody managed to run Tomtom Truck map on a Go 540 / 740 or 940 ?

somebody has run truck on a 540 using the micro SD card, they posted on GPS underground , but Its all greek to me, I bought one off ebay for £170 with truck on it a 720 , so far so good but only had it a day since mine died a horrible death last week :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

thanks for your replies

I followed the instructions on gpsunderground and I got truck running on my 540.

However I can’t find where is the option to switch to truck mode.

It keeps routing me to narrow country lanes

i got a go930 off ebay last week for £130…downloaded the latest navcore (8.395 go work navcore)…then downloaded & installed Europe TRUCK (840.2554) map on my 4 gig sd card… when card is inserted it boots up with tomtom works truck…took a little time to understand but well worth the trouble…

NELLY16:
i got a go930 off ebay last week for £130…downloaded the latest navcore (8.395 go work navcore)…then downloaded & installed Europe TRUCK (840.2554) map on my 4 gig sd card… when card is inserted it boots up with tomtom works truck…took a little time to understand but well worth the trouble…

Where do you get “navcore” from ■■

hope this helps m8…if you need anymore help pm me and ill send u all the links
:wink:
tomtomforums.com/general-tom … -card.html

just got low bridgex

after its installed on your tomtom it highlights all the bridges near/on your route…
check it out here

lowbridges.com/bridgex.htm

could upload if anyone wants it :smiling_imp: