Sat nav voltage

Hi all
I was going to use my Acer n35 handheld pc with Tom Tom, when I noticed on the accessory plug on the truck said 24v. I have looked in the instructions they only say plug into car’s accessory plug.
Does any body know if it will be ok to use?
What voltage are your sat navs?
Stu.

tom tom i have is 12 volt, i use a drop down from 24 volt to 12 to use it safely.

i use a garmin streetpilot c510 and it works fine in 12v and 24v sockets without a dropper in the 24v

tomtom can be used 12v and 24v without a dropper

Use a dropper or you could have a bit of a bonfire in your cab :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Don’t know about other makes but Tom Tom are 12/24v.

mine is a garmin nuvi 250 and works fine on both.

a question about sat navs…does anyone have the traffic updateson thier sat navs and is it anygood?

geezer:
a question about sat navs…does anyone have the traffic updateson thier sat navs and is it anygood?

i had it last year and its crap, no where near as good as the radio and a map.

by the time it tells you there is traffic you are sat in it! not worth the extra money if you ask me, dont know what it is like now (included in the price of the tomtom and no phone link needed) but im sure someone will tell you soon!

Check the plug to see what it says, if it says 12V then don’t use it in the 24 volt socket, if it says 12/24v then it should be OK.

Here’s a 12/24 volt charger for the Acer n35 no idea if it’s any good though.

bubsy06:

I agree.

Mine is,and it’s a TT1 V3 Euroland and Blighty.

Ken.

i think its the same as most phone chargers now, auto switch between 12v and 24v so you dont need to worry about it!

Quinny:

bubsy06:

I agree.

Mine is,and it’s a TT1 V3 Euroland and Blighty.

Ken.

Yes I agree, but I don’t think he’s using a Tomtom, he’s using an Acer n35 PDA with Tomtom on it :wink:

I’m no expert, but, I think most actually run on 5V and as far as I know most Tom Tom ciggy power plugs can cope with 12V & 24V and they often say it on them, although a sticker could be missing. If it were me I’d look your model up on the web and see.