Sat nav Screen size

Hi guys, some info needed before I do some sat nav trading.
I have the Snooper Truckmate S2500 and over all I am happy with it other than its re-routing issue which can be overcome by a few quick clicks on the screen :wink:
My issue is the screen size, I have to admit as I am closing in on 50 years old next year and my eyes are hitting the reading glasses stage (yes I fought it but admit it now) and I have the sat nav mounted quite close on the dash and its getting harder to read the smaller text on the screen.
The optician has cleared me for no glasses but did tell me I need reading glasses (I told him that) :laughing:

So would a sat nav with a 7" screen be better? I take it the text would be clearer?
I know it seems obvious the text would be bigger on a bigger screen but I am wondering if they just cram the bigger screen with more crap?

I am happy to upgrade to another snooper unit if it is clear and readable or a tomtom truck if they do bigger screens? I have not looked into tomtom yet.

Cheers.

i have the same issue with my s2000 and also mines faulting keeps freezing and jumping around between screens , snooper do the s6400 its a 7 inch but it has had a lot of bad reviews i mmm looking into a tomtom 5150 5 inch and the garman dezle 560 5 inch or the dezle 7 something which is 7 inch again thow the garmans are getting some bad reviews so imm a bit confused myself as to what one to buy after all 300 quid is a lot of dosh i have used a garman before and found it very good but it was a car one pays yer money takes yer chances i supopose