SAT NAV SCREEN SIZE

Hi need some advice, would it be silly buying a 10inch garmin truck sat nav for a new Daf Lf 7.5t cab, I want to put it on a long ram windscreen mount and rest it on dashboard, or would I get stopped by police.

If you want rest it on the dashboard . You can dashboard sat nav holders. That not be a better option?

I wanted to use a dashboard mount but my company won’t let me drill or stick anything on dash as its a brand new truck, I’ve got a long arm that will reach from windscreen to top of dashboard, just worried as I don’t know if it’s too big for size of cab

stevewood:
I wanted to use a dashboard mount but my company won’t let me drill or stick anything on dash as its a brand new truck, I’ve got a long arm that will reach from windscreen to top of dashboard, just worried as I don’t know if it’s too big for size of cab

Get a satnav bean bag cushion holder which you just lay on the dash work perfectly and don’t move and secure your satnav mount on it get them from Halfords or eBay

I used to use a beanbag mount in my Mercedes as it had a wide table on top of dashboard, but the Daf LF cab there is no room at all and only a narrow strip on top of dashboard to put stuff, but beanbag mount won’t fit, that’s why I wantewanted to use my ram windscreen mount with long arm which would bring sat nav away from windscreen but being a 10 inch sat nav didn’t want VOSA or Police saying its too big for cab and blocking your driving view, I’m open to anymore suggestions.

I understand that, I think I’m going to have to buy a smaller version

Have a look at Brodit, not cheap but decent quality.

brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicle … ?steer=rhd

Washwipe:
Have a look at Brodit, not cheap but decent quality.

brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicle … ?steer=rhd

Can confirm. Used a Brodit Proclip mount to hold my amateur radio head unit and that weighs way more than any Satnav or tablet does.

I use Copilot on a £89 tablet in the drinks cup holder holder.

smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B … UTF8&psc=1

Another option, is get a Samsung 10" tablet, then install tomtom app (HGV), means you can also use Google maps and street view, plus play your talking books whilst driving, and and watch netflix whilst waiting to tip, cost about half the price of a 10" garmin, and more options for usage.
Just depends if you prefer garmin over tomtom… the apps, basically the expert 7 on android. Same features and routing, plus option to install tomtom drive on tablet for setting routes and saving them, then push to the app when needed.

iv got my satnav with velcro on the corners and velcro on the dash,just very small pieces 1 inch

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
I keep having pallets of Tonka trucks on my trailer. Your dream load I imagine

lol…can’t beat the original ones, plus worth a bob or two now…

as for dream load, maybe :smiley: ,
but definately better than the bloody Redbull shifted last week, cos didnt have any ■■■■■ wings I tell you, and struggled up M62 :confused: lol.

I have a 9 inch one, (Ooeerrrr missus.) and I have found that the bracket is not strong enough for it to hang in mid air, so what I have done, is put a little Blue Tac on the bottom of the unit, and placed the edge of the unit on the dash. That way it stops it vibrating.

I personally think that the 10 inch variant, would be too big for a 7.5t windscreen, and you may get into trouble if the Vosatpo stopped you. They would claim it is blocking your view. Go for the 7 inch size instead, and remember, size isn’t everything.

Ken.