Sat nav recommendations

Is there a particular LGV sat nav that’s head and shoulders above the rest? Ones to avoid?

You could have a read of this trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … &p=2808432

Perfect, thanks!

Hello mate, the research I’ve been doing online YouTube and others suggests Garmin 700 or if you can afford it Garmin 1000 - why Well both the Garmin LGV? 700 and the bigger 1000 enables you to input your trucks dimensions into your profile like, length width height etc, possibly weight I don’t know about weight, does it take weigh…?

Anyway, the system then takes you where it is suitable to go for your sized lorry, avoiding low bridges etc, etc. (yeah, weight must be in there) I haven’t bought one yet but I will do. A lot of drivers on here recommended them and it seems the better option all round. By the way, just to let you know how good they are in general, they also do Nav for boats and Nav for aeroplanes.

They had a sake on - the 700 8s about £400+/- and the 1000 is about a grand. You can also attach it to your phone, in some way…(Bluetooth?), and that gives you current map updates, which is nice when crossing motorways over a bridge which is no longer there

I bought a Garmin 700 series truck nav and it’s been a godsend!

I paid £140 on eBay and I think I got lucky because it was like a new one when it arrived. I used it every day when I first started my round and it was a big big help. I now only use it when I’m sent out on runs I don’t know which is probably a couple of times a week and it has never let me down.