sat nav question

ive only got a tom tom start but is it possible to download all the truck info to it,like weight limits and bridges etc,if so does anyone know where i can get it or will i have to get better sat nav… :laughing:

mark41:
ive only got a tom tom start but is it possible to download all the truck info to it,like weight limits and bridges etc,if so does anyone know where i can get it or will i have to get better sat nav… :laughing:

you can get bridge hights from a site called lowbridge.com it comes as a point of interest for tom tom & others,more info on the site

to put tomtom truck on it ,you need it to have a sd card slot ,then you need a 4 gig sd card.
then you need the software an stuff.
fairly easy to do. :slight_smile:

hi try this
hgvsolutions.com/

thx for the replies,i looked at that site you said bigsexy but it doesnt do my version lol so looks like i will have to get a new one because dont think it takes an sd card either… :laughing:

mark41:

The TomTom truck maps will only work on these TT’s GO 520, GO 720, GO 920, GO 530, GO 730, GO 930 and GO 7000

tomtom-navigation.co.uk/site … ftware.php

I’m just about to install it on my TT730 :wink:

The only other solution is some POI’s from GPS Undrground (Google is your friend) :slight_smile:

Pay for truck specific POI’s!! … Your having a laugh
The ones I got won’t navigate you around em but will warn you of their presence. You will need the addition of idiot #1 & eyeball #1 software for correct use
Inc truck heights in 1" increments, & more
If mark41 wants em PM me a email addy.

If you have an iPhone there is an app for that

alk.eu.com/

Have a look at the Renault story too

Rew:

mark41:

The TomTom truck maps will only work on these TT’s GO 520, GO 720, GO 920, GO 530, GO 730, GO 930 and GO 7000

tomtom-navigation.co.uk/site … ftware.php

I’m just about to install it on my TT730 :wink:

The only other solution is some POI’s from GPS Undrground (Google is your friend) :slight_smile:

and the TT go540 go740 tt940 if you put it on a micro sd card
free POI’s can be found at poihandler.com/ too

look on pirate bay for a map and software download

i would also like to add that if you remove the cspeech files from the file before transferring it to the sat nav the new maps and truck software will fit onto the 2gb of the tomtom start but cannot guarantee that it will be compatible but fingers crossed eh…if you back up the sat nav first you can allways restore it so nowt to lose…

Be careful OP or anyone trying this, if you are unsure don’t do it. You can quite easily ‘brick’ your sat nav if you didn’t get a copy before you started messing about. The most important file is the ttgo (bif) file, lose that and I think it’s had it.

As stobart says always make a copy of your satnav before attempting to upgrade to truck maps. It is a simple proceedure but one mistake and you’ve got a tomtom paperweight.

Mr B:
As stobart says always make a copy of your satnav before attempting to upgrade to truck maps. It is a simple proceedure but one mistake and you’ve got a tomtom paperweight.

If you do lose it all ,connect to tomtom home and it should download the navcore (operating system)
Then goto www.navitotal.com and you will find all the maps/patches and info plus loads of help to get the unit working again. as said back it up first using windows not tomtom home (just copy all files and maps to a folder on computer). thereby avoiding the paperweight situation. I have restored a tomtom that had been formatted this way, :wink: