Sat Nav on windscreen or Dash

I have recently passed C+E and starting my new job on 30th March. I have a truck sat nav from HGV trucktables - Chris Salisbury. It’s 7 cm wide so larger than the norm and although it comes with windscreen suction holder I don’t want to use that and get caught for blocking vision by VOSA. Have been looking into these…ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-DASHBOARD … 1284544422

Anybody else use these? If so, any thoughts if they are any good…apparently they stick like glue to the dash no matter what and are portable

I stick mine on the windscreen, but whatever you prefer. Can’t see VOSA being that picky to pull you up for that so long as it’s not in stupidly positioned.

Has anyoone been infringed by VOSA for having sat nav on windscreen then?

Doesn’t matter about having a Sat Nav on ■■■■ on the Windscreen, just as long as it doesn’t block your line of sight, etc etc

Swampey2418:
Doesn’t matter about having a Sat Nav on ■■■■ on the Windscreen, just as long as it doesn’t block your line of sight, etc etc

ER no clean sweep of the screen ie within the area the wiper sweeps. That’s why they started getting tight on dash tables etc.

I was gonna stick mine on the windscreen but when I got my truck, the previous tenant was kind enough to leave a plastic disc that was stuck to the dash so I could just ■■■■ it to it!
I did get moaned at by a VOSA mechanic when they assaulted my previous workplace for a random check because I had a small teddy bear in the bottom of my windscreen. They said it blocked my swept view so it was classed as an infringement!

Has to be question where’s it all gonna end… completely clear dash with nothing allowed, so your gonna have truckers looking down at a Sat Nav taking there eyes off the road… Oh that’s very safe…NOT

Wonder where you’d put the screen for an all round camera system in a truck…

Swampey2418:
Has to be question where’s it all gonna end… completely clear dash with nothing allowed, so your gonna have truckers looking down at a Sat Nav taking there eyes off the road… Oh that’s very safe…NOT

Wonder where you’d put the screen for an all round camera system in a truck…

Well regardless of your own thoughts there’s a perfectly good reason for having glass… It so you can see through it :unamused:

thanks for replies so far chaps…although no definitive answer

space1999:

Helps to know what truck your gonna drive :wink:

Just buy a ■■■■■■■ map

One of our lads stuck his over the instrument panel next to the speedo,unfortunately because he stuck it over the fuel gauge he didn’t notice the wagon had been on a long trunk and not refuelled…that was until he “broke down” on the motorway when the last 1/4 of the fuel tank had gone :smiley:

its going to a Man truck not sure what model Samworth brothers use. I have already got a truck atlas phillips and would never totally rely on sat nav…think i will change size of sat nav to 42 inch and let the driverless truck drive itself then whilst i make a brew lol

happysack:
Just buy a [zb] map

He has, a newfangled electronic one that constantly turns the page for him, genius invention :wink:

space1999:

I think it probably depends on what mood Mr VOSA / DVSA is in when you next get pulled to be honest. You got like 1000 VOSA stormtroopers, each with their own depiction of the law so the minute details are gonna be at the discretion of the individual I would guess

nick2008:

Swampey2418:

ER no clean sweep of the screen ie within the area the wiper sweeps. That’s why they started getting tight on dash tables etc.

Deer wrong allowed as a driver aid as long as you don’t put it anywhere stupid. The clean sweep is for mot and a satnav would need to be removed for this. Was told this by a visa Te 2 years ago