Sat nav on my lap top

i’ve found the gps dongle i got with auto route 2007. although it was worse that useless compared with a tomtom, i’m wondering if theres a decent programme i can use on my laptop as a back up and can i download it at a decent price?

laptopgpsworld.com/laptop-gp … views.html

Navigon listed on that site also do a navigator truck that got rave reviews, it’d have to be purchased mind, can’t find anyone willing to share for ‘trial’ :wink:

Or at least they did, can only find complete sat navs with it in or cards for their sat navs on their site :angry:

I have autoroute with low bridges and weight limits. I have a navigon 3210 £89.99 halfords euro sat nav. I use autoroute like a map as it picks the same route as sat nav does then follow autoroute if it passes through low bridges or weight limit i make a note on paper. Although the sat nav has a truck mode it doesnt account for low bridges but keeps you off minor roads etc untill the last minute and so far its worked great. For the money saved on a over priced HGV sat nav this combination of mine has never failed :smiley: £30 autoroute £89.99 sat nav with euro maps and speed cameras for 2 years.

Directions navigator9 truck us very comprehensive I have nav 8 truck for laptop but the disc is stuffed might see if I can get it cleaned up

alix776:
Directions navigator9 truck us very comprehensive I have nav 8 truck for laptop but the disc is stuffed might see if I can get it cleaned up

That could’ve been what I was thinking of, close though :stuck_out_tongue: