Sat Nav Map Update?

Is it possible to update your sat nav maps without having to go to the manufacturers own web site and pay a fortune?

I know mine’s getting on now (2006), but just wondered if there’s someone else that has updated maps to download?

it’s possible just a word of warning if you have poi’s and favorites stored save them seperatly as when I updated my tomtom I lost 2 years worth of data. :frowning:

Goldfinger:
Is it possible to update your sat nav maps without having to go to the manufacturers own web site and pay a fortune?

I know mine’s getting on now (2006), but just wondered if there’s someone else that has updated maps to download?

Go to gpsunderground.com and depending on what saat-nav you’ve go you may be able to download the latest maps.

Agree, I do all our works ones with the latest maps from NaviTotal.

Can also change the nav-cores to run things like Lane Guidance and House Numbers on older sat-navs that didn’t have them to begin with.

Navitotal all the way for me…updated loads of time with no serious problems.

navitotal.com/showthread.php … -TRUCK-Map

neither of those links seem to do Navman though :cry:

martyh:

you never said it was a navman :unamused:
search navitotal or gps underground and you will find answers for free.

gezt:

martyh:

you never said it was a navman :roll:

I’m not the op :wink: i’m just saying i can’t see anything for navman on those sites and since i have a navman it looks like i’ll be forking out 40 quid a pop

martyh:

gezt:

martyh:

you never said it was a navman :roll:

I’m not the op :wink: i’m just saying i can’t see anything for navman on those sites and since i have a navman it looks like i’ll be forking out 40 quid a pop

if you have a tablet sygic is a good truck satnav and you can get that for free :wink:
mobilephonetalk.com/showthre … ll-Android

or but a tomtom go 520/530/540 off ebay and put tomtom truck on it.

Guess I’ll be registering on that forum to get the up dates…

Why not just use Google Maps on your phone? Unless of course you’re one of these new age truckers that can only follow a sat nav or need complete written instructions that must include “turn right/left out of the gate…”