Sat nav app

Have finally gone into the 21st century and got myself a smart phone running android kitkatt, anybody recommend a truck sat nav app for it?

Get ur self navtruck
Mate it’s excellent never takes me wrong I’ve got it on iPad mini it’s brill :smiley:

CAMARON:
Get ur self navtruck
Mate it’s excellent never takes me wrong I’ve got it on iPad mini it’s brill :smiley:

CoPilot. Set to RV mode. You can set to only use Main roads aswell. Its very good.

Do these sat nav apps use up your data allowance? Just seen on play that navtruck app is £80, and other free apps have crap ratings.

I’ve never used my phone as a truck nav to be honest I use proper truck navs I have a snooper truckmate but the tom tom works are supposed to be good as well i do use Google maps on my smart phone but always with my snooper i just carnt trust phone apps + they drain the battery on your phone and if your using it all day and keep charging it you’ll soon naker the battery but that’s just me

Dint underestimate the power of Google maps Iit’s a fantastic tool you can sometimes find places just by typing the company name in that easy but beware of side roads and bridges obviously :slight_smile:

ive tried different sat navs, but the best by far is my current which is a snooper S8000 Truck mate, every low bridge, every weight limit, axle weights everything, very clear instructions and good size, also this model has a free-view TV built in, which is a god send,

i would recomend it to anyone, it currently costs around £350ish, but no matter what you buy i always same the same, You get what you pay for.

Cheers for the recommendations guys, don’t have a sat nav either as I don’t go out in a truck a lot these days, don’t want to pay lots for a sat nav as it may only get used 3 or 4 times a year, that’s why I asked about phone aps. See the point about draining the battery though, as well as the cost of the apps, may be better with dedicated sat nav.

I use the tomtom 5150 in the wagon but I have had the copilot car nav on my phone for a few years and still get all the updates and speed cam updates, its always with me and handy if I have to take a car or van out and not got a clue where I am going.
It only cost me £20 from android store, a handy back up if my maps go on fire and my tomtom freaks out :laughing:

Google maps and street view are a life saver :blush:

Renault trucks do an app for trucks, use it on my iPad, works well for me. Covers Europe.

I’ve downloaded aponia truck navigation from Google play. Seems OK, asks all the right questions such as size, weight, any hazordous etc. But not had a chance to test it properly yet. Been OK so far though.

I use a Standard tom tom app on my simless Iphone4. Downloaded it for free off t`interweb and installed on my jailbroken phone :smiley: works for me and its taken me from scotland to spain to austria and eastern germany and anywhere inbetween and never let me down. Tha just need a bit of common sense and read road signs.

At stuttgart my mates snooper sent him an extra 45 miles “around” a weight limit, the limit in question was a timed limit between 21:00 and 0700 only but the excellant snooper didn`t know this. TBH he should of read the signs himself lol.