Sat nav and map recommendations

My knowledge of uk roads is very good but for the last mile or 2 on delivery what’s the bezt sat nav for hgv. Of course I will use a map at times but sat navs are very useful.
do they tell the difference between 7.5 and 18tonnes. Any recommendations…price don’t matter. Also what’s the best hgv map

So now I know if I want to know something I won’t find it here!

A quick search on this forum would have given you multitude of answers to look at.

Everyone has different opinions on what sat nav is best, or indeed why do you need one in first place!

I’ve have cheap ones off eBay and they’ve done job very well.

At moment I’ve got a garmin car satnav and its served me very well especially the live traffic for delays.

If you get a truck version then you put in all dimensions of your vehicle and it’ll do a route accordingly taking into account restrictions.

As for a map, I’ve a Philips Truckers atlas A3 spiral and its excellent for checking routes when I’ve time that is!

You’ll not make many friends on here if you start the complaining already just because no answers yet.

Do research of your own and ask opinions on specific makes you like by all means but your question as it stands might as well be how longs a piece of string

Thanks for the reply. I will look at philips truck atlas. I did try to search forum but I couldn’t spot the search bar so posted here. I know a lot about normal sat navs but never used a truck one so thought I’d ask people who have used them.once again thanks.

Chicken nuggets

What dip?

I use a TomTom Pro 5150, it wasn’t cheap at £240 but its never done me wrong. Yes it doesn’t always find the place as it relies on postcode but that is when Google Maps comes in. Its always fun when you find that the postcode is wrong!

Sounds like a £70 Truck Sat Nav would do the trick for you

hgv-trucktables.co.uk

tel: Chris 0788 072 1610

I haven’t got one of these,but a few lads off here have & they’re supposed to be the dogs danglies…

Thanks for all the help I will look at the ones mentioned. As for the 5150 not finding correct place. Does any sat nav always get it correct. Sometimes my sat nav tries sending me 3 miles away going by postcode alone! Google maps is handy when I’m not sure on location

Yomper:
Thanks for all the help I will look at the ones mentioned. As for the 5150 not finding correct place. Does any sat nav always get it correct. Sometimes my sat nav tries sending me 3 miles away going by postcode alone! Google maps is handy when I’m not sure on location

Sometimes the postcode is wrong or that multiple buildings share the same code. If the postcode on the satnav doesn’t much with the address on the notes then I crack out Google Maps. I had one yesterday where it tryed to send me to the estate next door but I was on the ball so I ignored it and found the place I wanted.