SAT NAV ADVICE

i was wondering if any of you experienced drivers could recommend a truck friendly sat nav,i currently have one which doesnt have a function to allow a truck to be routed and as im due to be taking my class 2 and 1 and when i pass it would be nice to have a good one all ready,i currently do multi drop on vans and have a lot of time on the uk road network so i know a lot of routes etc but the van goes down roads that trucks cant,many a time i have thought hmmm wont be able to drive a truck down this road so any advice or help would be appreciated,thanks… :sunglasses:

Had this before, I use ProCab+ works well on my TomTom, heights, widths, fuel, rest stops, etc. Cost is about £55.
There is a TomTom7000 for lorries but the cost is huge (about £400).

hi i use a snooper syris proline truck sat nav, you can programe your height,width,length and weight in to it and it will take you to your destination accordingly avoiding any weight limits bridges etc. it has truckstop, fuel stations all the normal sat nav stuff it also can be changed to a car mode It is a very good system, mine cost me £400.00 not sure what they are now but worth every penny i recommend it to anyone.

I use a Syrius ProLine S2000. It has all the features that I need, especially the ability to program different truck sizes into it. There are many good Sat Nav systems out there and all will have different supporters and detractors. The best advice to anyone using a Sat Nav in a truck is, Know When to Ignore It!!!

HI
Wise advise “know when to ignore it” :smiley:

Are any of these systems programmed for city centre no left & right turns■■?

only advice id give is dont buy a pronav. much cheaper than others but didnt work and kept letting me down. exchanged it and the next one did the same. went into maplins after and they had withdrawn it cos of too many coming back. can still get them but avoid like the plague.

Satnav …£30
Eyeball 1 … Free
common sense … priceless.

You dont need a truck specific satnav, any common or garden 1 will do the same job. After all trucks run on the same roads as every other vehicle. All you really need are the POIs suitable for trucks, BP, Shell etc fuel stops, bridge hights, weight limits etc etc … all are free from various sites inc
trucknav.napalmfiles.com

poifactory

peirre:
Satnav …£30
Eyeball 1 … Free
common sense … priceless.

You dont need a truck specific satnav, any common or garden 1 will do the same job. After all trucks run on the same roads as every other vehicle. All you really need are the POIs suitable for trucks, BP, Shell etc fuel stops, bridge hights, weight limits etc etc … all are free from various sites inc
trucknav.napalmfiles.com
Poiplaza.com
poifactory

Problem with the POI bridge heights and weight limits are that you dont know about them until you get there unless you go through the route before you set out and remember to go around the bridges…I have the Snooper proline s2000 and this will take the bridges into account when planning your route taking all of the hassle out of it, worth it’s weight in gold imo…although whoever said to know when to ignore any satnav speaks alot of sense !!!

mark41:
i was wondering if any of you experienced drivers could recommend a truck friendly sat nav,i currently have one which doesnt have a function to allow a truck to be routed and as im due to be taking my class 2 and 1 and when i pass it would be nice to have a good one all ready,i currently do multi drop on vans and have a lot of time on the uk road network so i know a lot of routes etc but the van goes down roads that trucks cant,many a time i have thought hmmm wont be able to drive a truck down this road so any advice or help would be appreciated,thanks… :sunglasses:

any tomtom x20 or x30 series with the truck map installed
it plans routes that avoid low bridges,narrow roads and small towns and can be got from ebay for less than £200