sat nav advice

im looking at getting a truck sat nav and from what ive read the cheap xgody’s on ebay are actually really good.
however there are a couple of models and im not sure which is better. there is the 826 or the 886. does anybody here have any experience with them?

I’ve just brought an xgody off fleabay for 33 quid, came today, bugger to set up. Not sure of the model number? Have a look when I have more time. Will add a review when I’ve had time to play with it, probably over the weekend.

Tbh I’m thinking of trying the co pilot hgv app for android. Has anyone used it?

jbaz73:
I’ve just brought an xgody off fleabay for 33 quid, came today, bugger to set up. Not sure of the model number? Have a look when I have more time. Will add a review when I’ve had time to play with it, probably over the weekend.

Tbh I’m thinking of trying the co pilot hgv app for android. Has anyone used it?

i look forward to you review on the xgody

i have used co pilot car sat nav app extensively as they were provided in my last job. they are decent but can occasionally take u down unsuitable roads even for my van.
like i said though that was the car version so the truck version may be better. pricey though

I have an 886, their promise of lifetime maps and ongoing support is ■■■■, none of them speak basic english so trying to understand how to update maps and any other issues you have is near impossible. Maps are reasonable, can set height length weight adr etc you can add and save for multiple vehicles. On the few times I’ve used its mainly motorway so how reliable the restrictions for roads are I dont know.

wolves:
I have an 886, their promise of lifetime maps and ongoing support is [zb], none of them speak basic english so trying to understand how to update maps and any other issues you have is near impossible. Maps are reasonable, can set height length weight adr etc you can add and save for multiple vehicles. On the few times I’ve used its mainly motorway so how reliable the restrictions for roads are I dont know.

i got the impression they werent english from the ebay listing. their english is bad on there too. im not overly worried about the updates as i just want a sat nav for when i start my first job. i intend on getting a better brand once i have the cash flow.

mahall1988:

wolves:
I have an 886, their promise of lifetime maps and ongoing support is [zb], none of them speak basic english so trying to understand how to update maps and any other issues you have is near impossible. Maps are reasonable, can set height length weight adr etc you can add and save for multiple vehicles. On the few times I’ve used its mainly motorway so how reliable the restrictions for roads are I dont know.

i got the impression they werent english from the ebay listing. their english is bad on there too. im not overly worried about the updates as i just want a sat nav for when i start my first job. i intend on getting a better brand once i have the cash flow.

You’d be better of getting the trucknav one of Chris of ebay…Think he goes under the name of trucktables or something like that…The sat nav uses the same software…But it has an sd card in it…Wich i believe you can exchange for a updated one rather than trying to upload anything for the xgody one…I had that before i got this one…Bit more expensive at £70.But i’ve never had a problem with it…Plus at least he is english and contactable if needed…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

mahall1988:

wolves:

You’d be better of getting the trucknav one of Chris of ebay…Think he goes under the name of trucktables or something like that…The sat nav uses the same software…But it has an sd card in it…Wich i believe you can exchange for a updated one rather than trying to upload anything for the xgody one…I had that before i got this one…Bit more expensive at £70.But i’ve never had a problem with it…Plus at least he is english and contactable if needed…

crap i wish u posted about 20 mins earlier i just ordered an xgody lol

Sorry about that…Lol.I used mine for a couple of years.Here and over the water with no problems.Just found updating the maps impossible.Bu then i’m old and ■■■■ with computers

hi all,newbie poster here…

re advice xgody… 1st…which ever model you get< ive a 704 model> make sure its got the frt file in it.loads and loads of them are being sold without the file thus making your truck sat nav a car sat nav,no matter if you set it up in default has a truck with all the relevant dimensions,it will send you under a low bridge,narrow roads etc etc.
mine is missing the file and im currently looking into getting a new map reloaded onto it with the file built in…
also free updates are not availble has xgody have promised :frowning: