Santander tomorrow

anybody on ■■? i’m sat here waiting now and i’m allready bored. how long will i stay out of the nearly as boring ferrymans ?

if you fancy a beer on your way down the A66 after salamanca exit for arapiles repsol on left.

i’d be a little off course as i’m only going to bilbao. but thanks for the offer.

Do you park up in Hoznayo (Km 197 or 195 on the A8)? - its a ■■■■ site better than the Shell at Gornazo and you can get a bus into Solares if you fancy a change then the train into Santander or Astillero if the mood takes you. There are usually quite a few Brits at Hoznayo from Friday afternoon onwards.

Hombre:
Do you park up in Hoznayo (Km 197 or 195 on the A8)? - its a ■■■■ site better than the Shell at Gornazo and you can get a bus into Solares if you fancy a change then the train into Santander or Astillero if the mood takes you. There are usually quite a few Brits at Hoznayo from Friday afternoon onwards.

Apparently so. A few have told me thats the place to go. Will try it sometime but this trip is out as i have to leave the port 2am monday under ■■■■■■.

I would stay in bed if I were you, the lift bridge in the port is up from 1600 hrs Sunday until 0800 hrs Monday morning every weekend to allow the fishing boats in and out of the fish dock. You will have to leave the trailer until 0800 Monday morning as the Port Police wont even let you in until the bridge is open.

If you havent been to Santander for a while you may not know that you now have to use the Puerto Raos gate, NOT the one in the middle of town.

Hombre:
I would stay in bed if I were you, the lift bridge in the port is up from 1600 hrs Sunday until 0800 hrs Monday morning every weekend to allow the fishing boats in and out of the fish dock. You will have to leave the trailer until 0800 Monday morning as the Port Police wont even let you in until the bridge is open.

If you havent been to Santander for a while you may not know that you now have to use the Puerto Raos gate, NOT the one in the middle of town.

where’s that new gate mark?
not the one where we can park outside and walk to the green dolphin bar then?

Its not a new gate, its the one by the CTM just off the S10. Its signposted for Puerto Raos.

Hombre:
Its not a new gate, its the one by the CTM just off the S10. Its signposted for Puerto Raos.

can we park in the dock then if we arrive before the boat? normally i would drop trailer inside and park outside near town centre

Usually they will let you drop the trailer in the docks, especially if its excepcionell.

when we rarely used to use the santander i always dropped the trailer inside never had a problem just used to ask the guards in spanish if it was ok since i didn’t want any immigrants in the trailer and sometimes they’d have a look inside first as well!!
unfortunately too many drivers turn up and just ask for parking and get told no, outside think it depends on language and reg of truck unfortunately

Hombre:

This being the gate out of Raos port is what I meant to post yesterday - d’oh

You just need a friendly Guardia Civil to move you to the parking the other side of the S10 on Sunday!