Santander and spain

Portsmouth to Santander i am meant to be on this crossing this week and all i know is thats it s 25 hr crossing so i am told can anyone fill me in with more info as is it shared cabins, bar on the boat, duty free ? etc etc
Anything i need to know about driving in Spain i am heading for Alicante

Cabin usually shared or you can pay for your own. Bars, cinema and shop. Take seasick pills if you’re a sufferer, the Bay of Biscay can get a bit rough. No parking in Santander port. Bluetooth earpieces are illegal. Usual kit and document requirements i.e. hi vis, attestation etc. Keep your hours immaculate, fines are brutal :open_mouth:

Enjoy :sunglasses:

it has in the past had to head for france after been hit by a wave :laughing:

watch out for local lorry bans, although you can get a pass from the guardia :sunglasses:

What no-one has said is…
You use your cabin key as a food voucher. You are fed 3 times for free, including a bottle of water.
That’s starter main and pud with a drink. Food is quite good on there. Depending on the luck of the draw, you may get your own cabin. If it’s the Pont Aven, there is a drivers lounge on the restaurant level in the front left hand corner. You have a coffee machine and 2 tv’s so you can chill away from tourists. Enjoy! :sunglasses:

When booking off in Spain on a digi tacho, you need to book off in the region you are in . It comes up automatically after you enter country.

nedflanders:
Portsmouth to Santander i am meant to be on this crossing this week and all i know is thats it s 25 hr crossing so i am told can anyone fill me in with more info as is it shared cabins, bar on the boat, duty free ? etc etc

Did ye get a start with Gerry Ned?

routier:

nedflanders:

Did ye get a start with Gerry Ned?

(Rowan i presume u mean) No different crowd Routier was going to call them then got offered this but only for 2/3 weeks which suits me at the moment.

Will be on charts weewill so no worries there.
anyone know how much extra to pay for a cabin

nedflanders:
Will be on charts weewill so no worries there.
anyone know how much extra to pay for a cabin

If you want to upgrade to a private cabin it cost £30 payable on board, this is only usually necessary on the Cap Finistere where Brittany cram 4 drivers into a cabin the size of a small rabbit hutch. Food is of variable quality, tho is rarely luke warm let alone hot. You no longer get a free coffee machine but get free coffee at meals plus 2 additional on presentation of your cabin key at the bar/restauarant.

thanks Hombre and all that replied
4 to a cabin is *****
i thought someone was bringing this to court saying it was inhumane sharing cabins

nedflanders:
thanks Hombre and all that replied
4 to a cabin is *****
i thought someone was bringing this to court saying it was inhumane sharing cabins

need to bring back p+o to Bilbo, until then i will drive down France

Just imagine the paying punter tourists being told to share a cabin,there would be a mutiny on the high seas.