sandy

dont you guys worry to much about the snow …probably all drown with this storm anyway…

Yank radio is saying this storm will create huge snowfall, they reckon Ohio will be covered in it, suns shining here in Wisconsin though, happy days…

The snowfall is going to be around the Appalacians, WV, VA and MD.
I was gonna start at 10.30 and run down to NYC for a load, got a call to get there asap, then got 5 miles and told to turn round and go home again, NYC shutting down ay noon and anyway my load would have taken me along I-95, I-91 and up into Massachusettes but CT have closed all interstates.
So here I sit at home :laughing:

its an ill wind that dont do somebody any good then …

cliffystephens:

Does me good ! … so long as they tell me to go home they have to pay me :laughing:

Watching the tv coverage now , reckon it could get nasty so thoughts go out to all in its path.

I called in at 5 pm and was told there would be no loads from Yonkers untill weds and 07.00am so enjoy my rest :sunglasses:
It has started getting very wet and windy outside.

Just crossed the bridge in to Canada at Sarnia, Ontario and called it a night. Getting blown all over the place. What a crap trip this has been so far. Snow in Alberta with crap summer tires and now this wind with a relatively light load! Will I ever get back to NB?!?!?!

Just sit tight and wait for it to pass mate. It’s not worth the risks involved.

Pat Hasler:
Just sit tight and wait for it to pass mate. It’s not worth the risks involved.

Exactly. I’ve had a few very close calls on this trip. I’m not risking any more on the homeward leg.

Pat Hasler:

cliffystephens:

Does me good ! … so long as they tell me to go home they have to pay me :laughing:

I wondered where you were. It looks like this time someone cares, instead of flooding New Orleans

A lot of truth there. Things are a bit different north of the mason Dixon line. Especially where the movers and shakers live.

I actually didn’t leave home till 07.00am weds, ran down to NYC and did a trailer check in our drop yard then got the message to head for Domino’s Baltimore plant, we have a yard about 1/4 mile from it and I parked there for the night, there’s a really good bar next door and the barmaid gave me the Wi Fi password :wink:
All I did was load and deliver Bordentown NJ thursday, back for the same on friday then I had to turn around and reload for Methuen MA, I got back after a shower at a Flying J, reloaded and got to a service area on the NJ turnpike (first one after the car lanes start ging north). The lines for fuel are unbelievable, down the slip roads, a cop saw me waiting and reversed down to me with his lights on to ■■■■■■ me through the lines to park… Good cop. When I got up at 3.00am and went for a coffee the lines were just as long and I heard a guy tell a cop they only had 2000 gallons left.
I stopped at Ruby road TA on I-84 in CT for a shower and breakfast and Fox news channel was on and I have to say I was disgusted at the comment for a plainy biased channel critisizing Obama and saying it was disgracefull that there was not enough fuel and there were people still homeless ! … It’s been 3 days FFS and if I remember it seems to have taken a lot longer to re-house the victims of Katrina :open_mouth: I actually spoke out and asked the waitress to switch channels because the comments were a disgrace, I expected so complaints from some of the other customers for my request as I was not a Yank but insteas they all stood and applauded me

put post on here thinking this storm was all hype but gotta be honest it turned into grown up ■■■■…I hope you are all well on here…

That service area I stopped at on friday night was occupied by about 50 or so people sitting round and playing cards, I asked a staff member who the were ans she said they were storm victims who had no place to go. It’s so sad and my family is so lucky to not be as harmed as we expected. I ha loads of messages wishing us a safe time and you know waht ? … Not one of them was from a family member, just tells me how much my English family care doesn’t it.

I have been taking a keen interest in what has been happening, must say this brave girl gets everywhere… :stuck_out_tongue:

huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/11 … 64822.html

Yes ! … I have seen several photo’s of her helping out :laughing:

I live in Mid town Manhattan and of all the weeks to go on holiday back to the UK I picked last week.
Electric was off for 5 days in our building, it was because the sub station that was on the news exploding was the one that supplies us!
Only damage was a few bits in the freezer.

Are you a driver Jarvy ? Who do you drive for ?

Monday I was heading down to Baltimore to pick up a load on Tuesday for Ben & Jerry’s, then they worked out it couldn’t actually get there the same day as it’s about 12 hours driving, so as I neared the lower end of 287 in NJ I got diverted to CSC sugar in Fairless Hills NJ where I found they had preloaded a tanker of sugar and assigned it to B&J, so I did a drop and hook and back to the NJ Turnpike and the same service area I had spent last friday night at for some Chicken parm at Sbarro’s :slight_smile:
Took all next day to run up to B&J then actually home for the night. Weds saw the long drive to Baltimore and load next morning for Methuen MA (thursday delivery) which then got chenged to me dropping the load in our Yonkers yard for another guy. I then nipped into Domino’s to check the hubs on all the trailers they couldn’t get out before the storm, I only found one with water in the hub, spoke with Domino management and they will be working fully this comming week :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Back to the old routine then, start noon on monday.