Samsung galaxy tab, 10.1

so, anyone got one of these.
i’m about to go back off on my travels around europe. i’m going to get a tablet, so that i can have music, films etc.
i’ll also be able to surf the net, as we normally get wi-fi at most gigs, and if not, its pretty easy to find elsewhere these days.
so i was looking in the shops earlier, and the new samsung tablet caught my eye. bloke gave me abit of a demo, and from what my, (limited) knowledge is, this looks a cracking piece of kit.
but what really looked good, is the built in g.p.s :grimacing:
funny as i was thinking of a new sat-nav anyway, so this tablet having gps built in, would be a massive advantage.
i’m just wondering if anyone has this samsung, uses the gps, and how good is it■■?
cheers :wink:

really good tablet. I use my phone as a wifi hotspot to get the internet on it.

chilistrucker:
so, anyone got one of these.
i’m about to go back off on my travels around europe. i’m going to get a tablet, so that i can have music, films etc.
i’ll also be able to surf the net, as we normally get wi-fi at most gigs, and if not, its pretty easy to find elsewhere these days.
so i was looking in the shops earlier, and the new samsung tablet caught my eye. bloke gave me abit of a demo, and from what my, (limited) knowledge is, this looks a cracking piece of kit.
but what really looked good, is the built in g.p.s :grimacing:
funny as i was thinking of a new sat-nav anyway, so this tablet having gps built in, would be a massive advantage.
i’m just wondering if anyone has this samsung, uses the gps, and how good is it■■?
cheers :wink:

I’ve got the one with WiFi and 3G and use a simcard from GiffGaff who are operated by 02. Never have problems getting on the tinterweb and you can load music or films onto it. All in all a nice piece of kit. I can’t comment on the sat nav side of things as never used it but it’s handy looking up your destination on Google Earth.

I have two new Tab 7.0 to set up for a friend, she has bought them for her kids for school and home but wants me to put a parental lock on them, is there a simple way or do I need to check every app?

Google Play allow you to set for;
Everyone
Low Maturity
High Maturity
Open

I just wandered if there was a global setting to stop abuse or being abused.

You could try something along these lines:

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … go.sandbox

There’s a few competitors to it in the Play store to try out also.

None of the few that I looked at specifically said they would work well on a tablet (but they might) so results may vary.