Same old chestnut question!

Hi guys…
Im looking to get back over the water …anyone know if theres any jobs on the offing or just any poss leads? Im up in Suffolk…(should read “fed” up in Suff!)
anything attoll? ta

Nothing the matter with Suffolk, your probably in about the best part of the country to look for work going ‘over the water’ if you say what type of work you are looking for and were you want to go, will ask around.
Steve

Could you find something for me Steve! Did get offered a job on containers today whilst up yard :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i must be one of a minority of drivers in our area that can say ive never ever had the pleasure of doing them :smiley: :smiley: THANK GOD! And i never will :smiley:

kindle530:
Could you find something for me Steve! Did get offered a job on containers today whilst up yard :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i must be one of a minority of drivers in our area that can say ive never ever had the pleasure of doing them :smiley: :smiley: THANK GOD! And i never will :smiley:

Well being as you have found me three jobs (in Suffolk) i recon i owe you one, if you are good you can sit in my Scania tomorrow when i come out to the yard to put me gear back in ready for the new year, make a change from sitting in that daf of yours.
Steve

and if you are very good and bring me some playstation2 games you can sit in my daf, you"ll have to bring yer own slippers thou :smiley:

Quipree, you could try Matthews at Gt Yarmouth as a start, and yes, i know Yarmouth is in Norfolk and not Suffolk, but thus not far away me ol" booty :laughing:

Should’nt you 'ol east anglian boys be talking about sugar-beet or carrots :wink: :wink: :unamused:

Ah Ha your assuming im a local!

oi hope u arent wun a them forruners boi! :smiley: i cant wait to get away from the place Keith, that road to Bury from Diss is covered in mud :cry: its disheartening when youve just spent 2 hrs washing yer truck and trailer by hand, and within 10 mins its covered in mud from sugar beet lorries and tractors. should be used to it by now thou i suppose :slight_smile: at least it doesnt last all year i suppose, just most of it :cry: :cry: oi rekkun we should have wun o them new fangled motorway things up here :smiley:

kindle530:
oi rekkun we should have wun o them new fangled motorway things up here

What do you mean “Up here”, the last time I looked, East Anglia was a long way down :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Depend where yore comin from me ol booty! when i get off the boat at Dover, its ooop North! :smiley: Anywhere past Birmingham on my map is where all the clean pages are :wink: Mind you, i did a favour for my mate xmas time. Jumped out of my left ■■■■■■ 530 Super Space Cab on the Wednesday before xmas, and on the Thursday nite i jumped into a 113 P cab 320 Scania to go from Stowmarket up the Tartan Track to Erskine :unamused: No cruise control, no telly, no playstation2, no cd player just a radio cassette, 8 gears instead of 16, and had to lay down on bed to get undressed :confused: Left Stowmarket 6.45pm Thursday, got to Erskine 4.am Friday xmas eve, 1pm changed trailers and home, arrived back in Stowmarket 11pm :open_mouth: and did my right foot ache! 1st time in a right hand drive for 4 or 5 years, mind you, i got paid £300 for 28hrs work. Next time i go up there id prefer to do it in my Daf though :smiley: Happy New Year all :smiley: