Salvesens then norbetts and now gefco

I work for Salvo’s on the IBC contract and as is well known we were bought by Norbetts. Then they lost the IBC work to Gefco’s and we get tuped over at the end of the month. Just wondered what Gefco’s were like for pay and conditions, i asked them the questions and they skate around the answers, tells it all really. Anybody on here work for them.

Deanno

You will be on your Salvo’s rate for 12 weeks and then it will DROP to Gefco’s current rate. :cry:

deanno:
I work for Salvo’s on the IBC contract and as is well known we were bought by Norbetts. Then they lost the IBC work to Gefco’s and we get tuped over at the end of the month. Just wondered what Gefco’s were like for pay and conditions, i asked them the questions and they skate around the answers, tells it all really. Anybody on here work for them.

Deanno

If you tupe over you stay on your current terms and conditions, I tupe’d from DFDS to New Wave(NYK) 5 years ago and was still on the same Terms until I left, didn’t go down to well but nothing they could do about it as I stayed doing the same job.

Anybody on here work for Gefco, what are they like. I thought they had died out in the 80’s . Never really see them on the road much, only seen about 4 trailers in 3 weeks.

Dean

Do they not do car transport?

bowserman:
Do they not do car transport?

Apparently they do a bit of everything, according to the info they dished out to us. But wouldn’t tell us anything about their wages or conditions of employment. So know idea if salvo’s are better or Gefco’s is?.

to what i know they have little place’s there’s one at thurnscoe they are supposed to be rubbish on the general haul and the pay is well below the average.

cipd.co.uk/subjects/emplaw/tupe/tupe.htm

You need this…