Salisbury info

If you are coming S/b on the A36 Salisbury, what is the best way to get around that 14’ 3’’ bridge at the bottom off the roundabout. I’m 14’ 6’’ btw and I was heading for Stephenson road.
Luckily I only had a couple of bits so the guy came and met me with a van before the bridge.
When he went I noticed a double decker bus got under it, so obviously there is a tolerance on the marked height.
There were a couple of coppers sat,.and I know the verbal gbh I would have got off them if I tried to edge under it in crawler (and especially as my trailer is marked up at 15’ to make it idiot proof) so I could not be arsed with the grief tbh.
Just wondered if there was a way around it for next time, the guy who came out to me (who was not local) reckoned not.
Any local lads know?

A36 a303 London/Andover bound then i normally go right at first roundabout then follow til you get to a36 again and follow ring road towards Southampton/Ringwood and you pick up the HV signs to avoid the low bridges into industrial estate…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

[emoji106][emoji106]

Cheers for that mate. :wink:

[emoji106][emoji106]

Just out of interest, what is the running height of a standard double deck bus?
As I said there was a one that got under it, and I’ve always worked on the theory if a double decker can get under, then so can I…(.obviouslyonly with the height of trailers that we pull.)
Seeing as there are a few low bridges in Salisbury, could they be a specified non standard height for their buses, or is that bridge actually a LOT higher.

robroy:
As I said there was a one that got under it, and I’ve always worked on the theory if a double decker can get under, then so can I…(.obviouslyonly with the height of trailers that we pull.)
Seeing as there are a few low bridges in Salisbury, could they be a specified non standard height for their buses, or is that bridge actually a LOT higher.

pretty sure they are 14’ to 14’6"

Rob , just don’t head up the A36 though Wilton or you will make the evening news :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Darkside:

robroy:

When doing London if unsure about a route I would stop and wait for a double decker to go past then tag on, pretty fail safe method when pulling a fridge

Mazzer2:

Darkside:

robroy:

When doing London if unsure about a route I would stop and wait for a double decker to go past then tag on, pretty fail safe method when pulling a fridge

As long as your happy delivering your load to the Woolwich bus depot [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

polytrotter:

Mazzer2:

Darkside:

robroy:

As long as your happy delivering your load to the Woolwich bus depot [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

At least they tip you quicker than most places down there :smiley:

blue estate:
Rob , just don’t head up the A36 though Wilton or you will make the evening news :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love a bit of publicity, good for my image :sunglasses: …or maybe not eh?
:laughing: