sainsburys ?

hi i have been asked if i would like to go for an assessment at sainsburys i am currently getting a few shifts work in asda from the agency, is sainsburys better worse or the same ?

Cash is King

Most supermarket work is the same. Brain dead robot work.
Sign this to say you know how to drop a trailer, sign this to say you know how to climb into the cab, sign this to say you will hold your ■■■■■ correctly when visiting the toilet, sign this…

Truckbling:
Sign this to say you know how to drop a trailer, sign this to say you know how to climb into the cab, sign this to say you will hold your ■■■■■ correctly when visiting the toilet, sign this…

You are pretty much correct there Truckbling, but there comes a time in your life when you realise that for what bosses are offering these days all you want to do is sign the forms and drive the lorry to a store get it tipped and drive it back and finish… No worries. Clean. No rush. No pressure. Properly maintained.

If this doesnt suit a person, theres always tipper work, or skip lorries, or Builders mechants, or waste disposals, etc etc.

I prefer to get my excitement away from lorries thank you.

Actually, Sainsburys is the only one Ive never worked for, but as implied above, I would imagine its similar to what youre used to...Get lorry, pick up trailer, go to shop, get tipped and come back, remembering to get out of the way of tippers, skip lorrys, etc who will need to get past a.s.a.p.

thanks i ,i have worked for tesco ,asda,so i have an idea how they work just would like a bit of info from any one that has worked for sainsbury ,i have heard that the Morrisons drivers don’t have to touch the load :laughing: ,at asda the shop staff wait on you going up and down to take cages of the tail lift pain in the ****

One midlands site has a reputation (among agency and short stay drivers) of hosting a particularly unpleasant attitude behind the desk among some admin people.

I have no idea if this is the true case, nor if it affects anywhere else and i haven’t worked for them myself.

All supermarkets offer similar work, some you get some exercise pulling palletts/cages, some you can vegetate for and die of a heart attack whilst the bank staff do everything.
I’d rather get in the back and do some work but each to their own.

Which sainsburys?

robf1234:
hi i have been asked if i would like to go for an assessment at sainsburys i am currently getting a few shifts work in asda from the agency, is sainsburys better worse or the same ?

It is the same.

Go for it - broaden your experience.

Dieseldoforme:

robf1234:

It is the same.

Go for it - broaden your experience.

Ouch! Get back in the knife box!

I’ve worked for most of the supermarkets and have found sainsburys to be best on the whole. In my area rye park is the best depot, although I wouldn’t touch waltham point with a 10ft bargepole. Which is a shame, as it really was a nice place when it opened. Only takes a few ■■■■■■■■■ on the desk to make it stink :wink:

I worked for them quite a bit on agency and like all the others they have loads of rules. On the whole though, they were pretty good.

The back door staff in the shops varies a lot, but I guess that’s the same for all supermarkets. Most shops have proper loading docks and the driver has to drag the load off the trailer. I found that, as with most places, it pays to be nice to them, so that when you get the inevitable trolley full of water and with square wheels, they will help you out.

Easiest, best paid job I’ve ever had. Beats general/tramping hands down in my opinion :smiley:

Truckbling:

Right, so going to different branches in the middle of different towns and cities and performing blindside reverses in and out of tight, awkward yard is,‘Brain dead robot work’?

robf1234:
i have heard that the Morrisons drivers don’t have to touch the load

They don’t, easiest work I’ve ever had.

mick.mh2racing:

robf1234:

They don’t, easiest work I’ve ever had.

Was like that when I was on safeway before the took over. Blinding

MikeCunn:

Truckbling:

Right, so going to different branches in the middle of different towns and cities and performing blindside reverses in and out of tight, awkward yard is,‘Brain dead robot work’?

You are helped by risk assessments that basically tell you exactly what to do (although stores like to fill your ‘designated turning space’ with crap), but you are right and many guys on here don’t seem to realise that a lot of supermarket work these days (Sainsburys & Tesco for instance) is PITA multidrop (in)convenience store work, not just backing onto loading bays at superstores.

For the record, regardless of what anybody says about supermarket work it’s just about the best gig in this industry.

Worked out of Waltham Point up to Christmas for TRG, only on chill hub but easiest and best paid job I ever got with the agency! Alas agency promises of “ongoing contract” were not to be! :cry:

robf1234:

The only thing they manage to touch is their fog light switch once per shift (i.e. always on), main beam once per shift (i.e. always on) and most of them seem to have had a stroke that has affected their left hand side as they always seem to swerve to the right when you overtake them, also they like to pretend to be a bus driver by wearing their hi-viz whilst driving.

For personal safety reasons I’d avoid Sainsbury because of the slow motors that barely reach 50mph… I believe main chain is easy/good as you sit in the cab while store staff tip(that’s how the job should be for me personally) but the smaller stores are a ball ache, not sure if there’s any truth in this… People behind the desk tend to be knobs, just like tesco :frowning:

they are very big on health and safety,if you do the slightest thing wrong you are out the gate,and i mean the slightest thing,i know from experience,if it is actually sainsburys it will probably be ok but when i worked for them it was contracted to wincantons,and they are knobs