Sainsburys

Seen a Sainsburys motor, MAN IIRC, waiting for a ferry at Calais to come back the other day. What are they collecting and which depot are they running out of ?

have they got a shop near tescos in the city de europe?

welshboyinspain:

Interesting, no idea myself, but hopefully someone will know.

just wondering because I’ve never seen a sainsburys shop anywhere else. they might of course have popped over to load say potatoes or wine as its close enough to do on a day shift

welshboyinspain:
just wondering because I’ve never seen a sainsburys shop anywhere else. they might of course have popped over to load say potatoes or wine as its close enough to do on a day shift

Had misfortune of working for Sainsbury’s for 5 years at Hams Hall (aka Shams Hall) they’ve been running from Allington to Calais store for about 4 years now & occasionally running back with bottled water from a place near Ostend, only subbies at first but started doing more in house after a subbie was caught using a Sainsbury trailer for his own work,probably the only orange trailer ever seen at Ardooie! :astonished: (check spelling,long time since I loaded from Ardovries).

All done as day trips when I was there, at least the Allington boys would do it, half the so called drivers I worked with at Hams cried if they had to go as far as the M25,lol! :smiling_imp: Thought I’d be there 'til I retired,how wrong can you be :unamused: ? To sum it up, fantastic money, 40 grand last year & home every night :smiley: , terrible organisation & very poorly treated staff. Couldn’t organise transport for love or money, my transport manager was sound but the company just would not allow him to manage :unamused: .

should really point out that there is a store in fuengirola called SPAINSBURYS obviously not part of the same company but they do sell uk foods :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
should really point out that there is a store in fuengirola called SPAINSBURYS obviously not part of the same company but they do sell uk foods :laughing: :laughing:

Like it :laughing: is thgeir promotional stuff done by Jaime Olive? :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

sainsburyscalais.co.uk/store.aspx

Ken.

I`ve seen the sainsburys motor running along the corridor.
i also last week saw an english reg white axor on the pumps at veurne pulling a b&q box trailer?

JB:
I`ve seen the sainsburys motor running along the corridor.
i also last week saw an english reg white axor on the pumps at veurne pulling a b&q box trailer?

Kingfisher own Brico Depot in France,my son in law is a buyer for B&Q and they do buying for Brico Depot on some items and stock is delivered into UK on joint buys,no doubt delevering to a French/ Belgium BD RDC.