Sainsbury's Stoke

Got a 3pm booking time here. Never been before so I’m holed up in Keele services in case they’re mad on booking times.

Anyone got anything I need to know about the place?

Expect a long visit.

xichrisxi:
Expect a long visit.

Lovely lol

Has it got facilities? Assuming I’ll not be allowed to stay in my motor

Work out how much time…

You need to get to get back your depot (if you’re a day man) add twenty minutes for a coffee and that’s the time you should aim for.

You’ll quite possibly leave untipped as I have done on both visits I made there.

toonsy:

xichrisxi:
Expect a long visit.

Lovely lol

Has it got facilities? Assuming I’ll not be allowed to stay in my motor

Drivers room complete with vending machines :smiley:

You have use of their canteen so bring enough money for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s at the far side of the RDC.

Andy_GTI:
You have use of their canteen so bring enough money for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It’s at the far side of the RDC.

Not sure if you are allowed in the canteen anymore,you can no longer walk around the outside of the building (H&S BS) and only employees are allowed to walk inside the warehouse (more H&S BS),they are the only 2 routes to the canteen.

While since I’ve been but as already said, expect a long one.
You used to hang your keys on a chain auntie back of the trailer that is pulled up so warehouse have your keys.
I’ve spent hours there and never had a good experience.

sent using smoke signals

Got in, got parked in a holding space due to no bays available. Took paperwork to office and they then gave me a bay, hung keys up, pressed the comedy red plunger type button and sat in waiting room. To be fair only there for 40 minutes. Much better than I expected.

toonsy:
Got in, got parked in a holding space due to no bays available. Took paperwork to office and they then gave me a bay, hung keys up, pressed the comedy red plunger type button and sat in waiting room. To be fair only there for 40 minutes. Much better than I expected.

You do realise that you’re breaking forum rules?
Long delays must be reported loudly. Quick tips are never to he spoken of. (Unless it’s to say “I needed a forty-five but they wanted me off the bay”).

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

toonsy:

Long delays must be reported loudly. Quick tips are never to he spoken of. (Unless it’s to say “I needed a forty-five but they wanted me off the bay”).

Lol I wasn’t going to say anything but how many threads ask an opinion, get an opinion but then never get answered by the OP so I thought I’d offer people who go there in future a grain of hope :laughing:

They’ve got one of those fancy height measurer things on the exit too!

toonsy:

Franglais:

toonsy:

Lol I wasn’t going to say anything but how many threads ask an opinion, get an opinion but then never get answered by the OP so I thought I’d offer people who go there in future a grain of hope [emoji38]

They’ve got one of those fancy height measurer things on the exit too!

You’ve let the side down again! Pointing out a good no nonsense feature like a height gauge!

Do they still have the hard plastic chairs in the custody suite, er, I mean drivers room?

Ken.

Quinny:
Do they still have the hard plastic chairs in the custody suite, er, I mean drivers room?

Ken.

They’ve gotta mish mash of things. Couple of sofas thst most likely a charity shop would turn their nose up at, a few chairs and one of those fixed table/chair setup things.

They’ve got a microwave, drinks machine and you can use their canteen if you wish.