Sainsbury's Stoke

Have any of you chaps delivered to the above if so how was it good bad acceptable ?
the reason i ask is one of our drivers delivered 1 pallet in there today and he got that much crap
from two chaps in the office that a young woman came out to his truck to apologise for there actions
they directed him to the drivers waiting room that was chocka with drivers he said it was like sitting
in a funeral parlour, whats wrong with this industry that makes people act in this manner ?

A friend delivers here daily ,re stacking pallets is a no no ,and you can’t tip earlier than your due time .

That place is a ■■■■ hole! The most miserable staff in the midlands and the slowest depot I have ever been to

■■■■ hole.

Screwed if you’ve got a mixed load. Don’t be surprised with a 4 hour wait AFTER youre on the bay sometimes

trubster:
That place is a [zb] hole! The most miserable staff in the midlands and the slowest depot I have ever been to

Not surprised they’re miserable.Id be ■■■■■■ off if I worked at Sainsburys and lived in Stoke.

Our driver was there 3 hour’s with 1 pallet that they (Sainsbury’s) requested as special delivery

If your out of there in less than 3 hrs youve done well! Also the seats in the waiting room are back breakers terrible place never ever want to go back there :frowning:

The sofas are quite comfy

spoonman777:

trubster:
That place is a [zb] hole! The most miserable staff in the midlands and the slowest depot I have ever been to

Not surprised they’re miserable.Id be ■■■■■■ off if I worked at Sainsburys and lived in Stoke.

AND WOT AREA DO YOU LIVE I MATEY ?
WE HAVE BEEN DOING NIGHT TRUNKS SUBBING FOR THEM WOT A CRACKING BUNCH OF LADS IN THE DESPATCH OFFICE NOTHING TO MUCH TROUBLE FOR THEM .BUT LIKE I SED DESPATCH

NICK BASFORD:
WE HAVE BEEN DOING NIGHT TRUNKS SUBBING FOR THEM WOT A CRACKING BUNCH OF LADS IN THE DESPATCH OFFICE NOTHING TO MUCH TROUBLE FOR THEM .BUT LIKE I SED DESPATCH

Spot on there, I did a lot of traction work for them for a couple of years ago and can’t fault them at all… but the other side of the building at Goods In is like being on a different planet, outside contractors are treated like [zb] and needlessly wait for hours to be tipped.

I’ve been in there quite a few times so imagine my surprise when my bay number was called after only 2 hour and 13 minutes, only to be taken into the warehouse where I was shown the back pallet needed restacking. They gave me a choice, restack it myself or take it away, I opted to restack (someone did help me). I then returned to the lovely metal seats for a further 2 and a half hours :open_mouth: oh how I loved seeing that place on my run sheet :unamused:

spoonman777:

trubster:

WELL MR SPOONMANN WHERE ARE YOU FROM? IM STOKE BORN AND BRED AND WELL PROUD OF IT, WE HAD SOME OF THE BEST EUROPEAN AND UK HAULIERS IN THE COUNTRY
PROPER TRANSPORT COMPANYS THAT PROPER TRUCK DRIVERS NO AND STILL TALK ABOUT
REGARDS MR BASFORD THE POTTERIES/SPITFIRE SQUADRAN

NICK BASFORD:
WELL MR SPOONMANN WHERE ARE YOU FROM? IM STOKE BORN AND BRED AND WELL PROUD OF IT, WE HAD SOME OF THE BEST EUROPEAN AND UK HAULIERS IN THE COUNTRY

Lower your voice.

Can’t fault the Despatch office - i only used to drop my trailer in to be loaded overnight but it was always ready on time and i was out without issues… :slight_smile:

last time was in they had a fire drill. I refused to go to the assembly point until I’d got a waterproof coat from my truck…now I’m barred. Can you tell how gutted I am!?

NICK BASFORD:

spoonman777:

trubster:

With all due respect chief our lass is from Stoke and she and all her family are so embarrassed to be from there it’s unreal. Congratulations on getting a nandos by the way welcome to the 21st century.

Bugger I made a meal of that response, blame the rum

NICK BASFORD:

spoonman777:

trubster:

Well Mr Basford potteries/spitfire squadron.Im very happy you’re chuffed about being from Stoke,no seriously Im made up for you and glad you HAD proper companies that you and your proper truck driver mates can talk about whilst you wait to tip at Sainsburys Stoke.I wish I was like you,a proper truck driver.My class 1 hero.

I posted a topic about this a few months back, when I used to go there to tip around 8yrs back they were back then notoriously slow and I could be there anywhere from 3-6hrs literally but in those days you were allowed to stay in your cab and just give them your mobile number and they would ring you to fetch your paperwork when it was eventually done. I used to love going there when I worked at Irlams round the corner as I would get on the bunk and kip till they rang me, couldn’t imagine the torture of waiting for hours in that crappy waiting room now, all you guys who unfortunately have to go there have my sympathy. :frowning: